Author Topic: [b]HELP!!![/b] Serious engine problems  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Mike Schmid

[b]HELP!!![/b] Serious engine problems
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2005, 08:56:41 am »
I think some of your guys need to read the previous posts more clearly before you start replying.  

The guy has a 2G NT, it has the 420a motor.  The motor sits 'backwards' in the engine bay, the tranny and motor are swapped like on a Evo 4+.  AFAIK there are major differences in the stampings and motor mounts, crossmembers etc that do not allow you to just swap in a 4G63T.  Furthermore, a 420a to 4G63T, if you can swap the motor mounts etc and make it bolt in is twice as parts intensive as a 1G T swap because absolutely everything needs to change.  

Leon knows alot more than I do about those motors, so check out those links.  I did quickly and holy hell is that stuff expensive.  Not to mention what's with the siamesed open deck block animated gif? gross!

Even after all that you will still have a traction limited FWD, overweight car.  If you're really really attatched to you car (it's funny how fast you can get over that too) put in a catback and cold air intake.  Maybe fool around with a 50 shot of nitrous.  I wouldn't go much farther.  The return on investment is pretty lousy in a small displacement non turbo heavy ass FWD car.  Good luck.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Matt Fredrikson

• Who needs a Turbo?
    • http://www.intencity.cc
[b]HELP!!![/b] Serious engine problems
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2005, 09:55:43 am »
I wonder if it would be easier to to an Evo 4 and up swap into a 420a car?? by easier I mean easier than a Evo 3 swap ext.
Team Martuned

02 Porsche Boxster S

Sold - 96 TSi AWD - GT30-11, AEM EMS, 860cc, W/I, all Custom SS pipes, ACT XD, Shep Stage 3