Author Topic: STUPID ALARM  (Read 1148 times)

Ivan Skare

STUPID ALARM
« on: April 15, 2003, 10:55:10 pm »
I swear I hate my alarm. It's Clifford. Anyways, it was working fine until today. I go to my car, disable the alarm, and start the car. I notice that my alarm lights are constantly glowing. So, I get out and try to enable my alarm. Nothing. The lights still glow steadily. Any ideas?

Offline Jacky Ng

STUPID ALARM
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 11:23:12 pm »
You may have accidentally hit the valet switch.  
If the light's constantly on that means the alarm is disabled.
97 TSi AWD (SOLD)
95 ESi (RIP)

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
STUPID ALARM
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 11:28:56 pm »
My Sabre II was being a complete PITA last month and nobody could help. I finally yanked out the brain to reset it and after reprogramming it worked fine again. If all else fails, try that.

Offline Scott Girvin

STUPID ALARM
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 11:29:13 pm »
What kind of Clifford do you have? This is how to interpret the LED status indicators for the Clifford Concept 600:

OFF: system is disarmed and in normal operating mode
ON: Valet mode is on ,the vehicle may be entered without having to disarm
FLASHING RAPIDLY(IGNITION OFF): system is armed
FLASHES,PAUSE,FLASHES: either an error( such as arming with the trunk open)or indicates the trigger or sensor that was tripped. The following will explain..................

1 flash: proximity sensor activated
2 flashes: Omnisensor activated
3 flashes: Tilt/motion sensor activated (optional)
4 flashes: door open
5 flashes: trunk open
6 flashes: hood open
7 flashes: ignition switch was turned while system was armed
8 flashes: three or more incorrect valet codes were entered
9 flashes: BlackJax anti-car theft countermeasure was triggered
10 flashes: Power tampering or battery is very low

Hopefully this helps ya......

Offline Derek Fung

• STOP ASKING ME IF ITS TURBO!! YOU CAN HEAR IT!!!!
STUPID ALARM
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 11:28:25 am »
i just had the same problem on my audiovox like 2 days ago
i didn't arm my alarm for few hours. and i came back, i noticed the LED was on constant.  
i just put my ignition on and flicked my valet switch a few times, and it went into programming mode.  then i just turned it off. works fine again now
2.3l fully built stroker. gt35r powered
12.126 @ 121.03

Ivan Skare

STUPID ALARM
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2003, 01:10:33 pm »
I tried everything. I even disconnected my battery, and when I reconnected it, the alarm went off, and I just disabled it. Then when I went to start my car, the LED lights were on steadily, and the alarm no longer worked.

Ivan Skare

STUPID ALARM
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2003, 01:14:13 pm »
And by the way, about a month ago my clicker was screwing up. I used to be able to press the first button to activate the alarm, and now I have to press both buttons at the same time, and there is no more "beep" sound.

Ivan Skare

STUPID ALARM
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2003, 09:39:36 pm »
HELP ME!!

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
STUPID ALARM
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2003, 09:46:29 pm »
reprogram it. if you don't have the manual get it from the Clifford web site.

You might want to post you question on this board here too. We DSMers are not too alarm savvy. :laugh:

Offline Ryan Clark

STUPID ALARM
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2003, 01:36:01 pm »
I had this problem with the same alarm. Take it back to where you got it installed.. they will fix it in 30 seconds.. just needs a little reprogramming.
We took the trans out today, and the front diff broke apart and cracked the case. The front motor mount is also torn right off the subframe... can you say wheel hop?"

Offline Andrew Scott

STUPID ALARM
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2003, 10:19:25 pm »
Quote from: "Ivan Skare"
And by the way, about a month ago my clicker was screwing up. I used to be able to press the first button to activate the alarm, and now I have to press both buttons at the same time, and there is no more "beep" sound.

This is because button 1 in your dongle is shot. The second button activiates the alarm in silent mode.

To reset my clifford, I just pull the battery terminal. This is a usual solve-all for most clifford problems.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT