Author Topic: "ANTI LOCK" light on dash  (Read 923 times)

Offline Nathan Craft

"ANTI LOCK" light on dash
« on: November 06, 2006, 04:27:55 pm »
i dont have an owner's manual, so i don't know what it means, i'm guessing it's the ABS but dose the light mean it's on or off. and will having low brake fluid effect it or not?
thx
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion
-AWD swap in progress :D

"Owning a DSM is like dating a stripper, sure it's fun to show off and ride every so often, but in the end it'll break your heart"

Offline Martin Raska

• http://www.FormulaUBC.com
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 04:48:50 pm »
url=www.paypal.com/xclick/business=martin%40raska.net&item_name=Martin+Raska+is+a+swell+guy&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD]Now accepting donations![/url]

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 12:15:37 am »
does it stay on all the time?

come on in certain repeatable conditions?

come on and then later on go off?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Nathan Craft

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 10:48:38 am »
it's onn all the time, i haven't seenj it go off at all, any advice would be nice in the next bit, cause i have shop access in two weeks for a whole week
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion

"Owning a DSM is like dating a stripper, sure it's fun to show off and ride every so often, but in the end it'll break your heart"

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 04:22:00 pm »
ok, well, you need to pull the code out of the abs computer and find out what its referring to.

You could also do a quick visual check.  See if any of the sensors on each wheel are damaged, if the wires are worn thru or broken, have loose connectors etc.  Check at the ABS motor.  Check at the ABS computer(behind the large trim panel, passenger side, beside rear seat)
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Kevin Chan

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 07:10:02 pm »
Problem I had before:

ABS computer fried, throwing signal to ABS pump, Frying the ABS pump...

From report:
ABS light on, no codes present, traced down to hydraulic pump motor siezed.

Replaced motor, test ABS, light still on, no codes. follow diagram, flow chart, to ABS controller replaced ABS controller.

ABS light off, road test vehicle, warning light on. Inspect for further failure.

Found Inter-open at left wheel speed sensor. found sensor to have fault.

Price:
Modulator: 1295.00
Fuse: 0.70
Laour: 959.50
Total: 2629.19 taxed in

Then sensor: 175.20

They wanted to charge me for a ABS controller, for $2000.00!, I bought a used one for $200.00! Then, they allowed my car to be broken into the night before my car's to be picked up!!!!! The whoole lot only have my car broken into and they claimed their vending machine broken into aswell :evil: Yeah, right.
Beware of Richmond Chysler! :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:
o___0"
98 UZS160 hovering on air

Offline Jeetinder Ghataurah

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeetinderg
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 07:26:45 pm »
That's a pretty penny man, atleast you got it fixed before  and had time otherwise if you have a VI you have to fix it
color=green]Widebody 95 Talon AWD 5SPD - 6-bolt motor, Evo III 16G, Walbro 255, Centerforce Clutch, FMIC, Turbo RFL BOV, Black Leather & Green Suede Interior, 2 10" subs

The only difference between a genious and and insanity is success[/color]

Offline Nathan Craft

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 09:14:09 pm »
$2600.....
F**K THAT i'm not going to pay that much to get my abs fixed, i will get it checked tho. just so i can do my own pricing. thx guys i'll post back in a day or two
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 09:34:47 pm »
find used parts.  people delete the abs systems and sell wrecked cars as parts.  you will find the parts you need alot cheaper if you look.

Offline Kevin Chan

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 10:09:20 pm »
Quote from: "Jeetinder Ghataurah"
That's a pretty penny man, atleast you got it fixed before  and had time otherwise if you have a VI you have to fix it

You know what's funny about this?

I got VI'ed, thus the fix. :evil: or else I'd have it left there or pull the light. :evil:

sad times... and I still find the ABS useles! :laugh:  it just pulses very fast, but does nothing to the stoppping distance imo.
o___0"
98 UZS160 hovering on air