Author Topic: !!!! - HELP - !!!! Loud knocking sound from motor...  (Read 4553 times)

Offline John Hartman

!!!! - HELP - !!!! Loud knocking sound from motor...
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2007, 06:29:30 pm »
you need something to control the 510's as the stock computer still thinks you have 450s in there.  Your car will run too rich, costing you fuel economy, air care and power.

you need an safc or similar.  Minimally a logger and a good fuel pressure regulator will do it, but it will be global setting only.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Jacky Ng

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 05:28:52 am »
I agree with John.  You are running bigger injectors without any fuel mods which means you are going to run rich everywhere.  It's not going to run right with just the stock ECU.
If you are not planning to get the supporting mods I would suggest you to run the stock 450cc for now.  There is really no point in running bigger injectors at your current setup i.e. no ability to tune.

Did you upgrade your fuel pump yet?  Or at least rewire it?  Else you'll need another engine pretty soon.
97 TSi AWD (SOLD)
95 ESi (RIP)

Offline Wes Chapman

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2007, 04:33:57 pm »
Okay, so now my JDM 1994 7-bolt is installed and running, but runs rough.  I used the 1G CAS (http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/tech/1gina2g.pdf)and all the '99 EFI intakes and accessories, and the AF gauge is pinned in the rich side.  The o2 sensor, and all fuel system is unchanged from before motor swap.  What do I need to test to get this running reasonably smooth again?

- Fuel pump is stock but rewired
- 450cc injectors are re-installed
- I also installed a potentiometer to adjust the barometric sensor

I had the T-28 installed when I bought the car from Louis, and It ran fine, so I cant see that affecting my idle particularly when no boost is present.
1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
2005 Yamaha R-6

"If it weren’t for physics and law enforcement....I would be unstoppable"

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience"

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2007, 07:22:01 pm »
get that pot out of there and make sure the connections on those wires is a good one.  Solder and shrink wrap preferred.

Get it working correctly before you add any complication.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Wes Chapman

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2007, 09:39:03 pm »
Quote from: "John Hartman"
get that pot out of there and make sure the connections on those wires is a good one.  Solder and shrink wrap preferred.

Get it working correctly before you add any complication.

How do i "get that pot out of there" without swapping the head?  The housing is different.
2005 Yamaha R-6

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience"

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2007, 10:10:36 pm »
"I also installed a potentiometer to adjust the barometric sensor"

potentiometer = pot.

Offline Wes Chapman

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2007, 11:17:54 pm »
Quote from: "John Hartman"
"I also installed a potentiometer to adjust the barometric sensor"

potentiometer = pot.

Oh okay.  I did this mod to supposedly help the idle, but to no avail.  With it removed it runs just as poor.
2005 Yamaha R-6

Offline Jeetinder Ghataurah

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeetinderg
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2007, 07:11:02 pm »
Well once you install it, set it to zero, then keep cranking it up till the car stops doing random misfiring, don't just crank it since if you set it too high ur car can barely idle
color=green]Widebody 95 Talon AWD 5SPD - 6-bolt motor, Evo III 16G, Walbro 255, Centerforce Clutch, FMIC, Turbo RFL BOV, Black Leather & Green Suede Interior, 2 10" subs

The only difference between a genious and and insanity is success[/color]