Author Topic: Intake manifold....Magnus?  (Read 536 times)

Offline Reggie Gergely

Intake manifold....Magnus?
« on: January 13, 2008, 11:18:03 pm »
Hey everyone.... as some of you have probably read, im trying to get some parts together for a full build on my 98 tsi awd.

I am now trying to figure out what intake manifold to go with. Originally, i was planning on putting in 1g intake manifold that has a mild port and polish on it. Then i decided that I was was going to try and aim for about 450 hp and figured it would be easier to obtain with an aftermarket intake like a magnus.

I talked to a few ppl about the magnus intake and how they would rate it, and surprisingly most said they would go with a different intake. And after reading Ron's post in the lounge on the magnus intake, i am almost convinced to go with something else.

Now the question is.... which one? This is where all off you come in, and if you could just let me know what all of you are running in your cars and the pros vs cons. As I say, im stuck at a crossroad.

I will be staying with 2.5 inch intercooler piping.

Any help would be great, thx in advance!
2008 Toyota Tacoma - Black TRD Sport Package
MiDnItE xPrEsS~ 98 TSI AWD - Aftermarket Eclipse conversion, dropped, Compustar alarm (parked)
2001 R6 - Black with chrome decals (sold)

Offline Jared Grant

Re: Intake manifold....Magnus?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 11:29:37 pm »
buy rons intake he has for sale ;D
90 tsi awd. ssqv, tubular header, no cat.

Offline Ryan Coft

• Administrator
  • Retired!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 12:54:32 pm »
absolutely i would, JMFab SMIM's are pretty good pieces.

Offline Scott Girvin

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 06:23:23 pm »
I have a JMF and have zero complaints. A stock manifold will take you a long ways. It all depends on your hp goals.

Offline Reggie Gergely

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 07:16:53 pm »
I looked into the JMF last night after i got a few replies on here and I didnt really find any negative stuff on it. I think the one Ron has is a little over the top for what I need... I think a standard JMF would be good enough for the 450hp that im aiming for. Thx again for the feedback guys, much appreciated! 8)
2008 Toyota Tacoma - Black TRD Sport Package
MiDnItE xPrEsS~ 98 TSI AWD - Aftermarket Eclipse conversion, dropped, Compustar alarm (parked)
2001 R6 - Black with chrome decals (sold)