Author Topic: I'm back with the DSM world after 1.5 years  (Read 381 times)

Ivan Skare

I'm back with the DSM world after 1.5 years
« on: September 08, 2004, 12:42:22 am »
Today was a great day. I picked up a 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD. She's dark blue with the silver bottom, fog lights, pw, pm, a/c, pwdl, but no sunroof. I really do love her. Not a spot of rust. This is the thing: When I bought the car the guy said the turbo was blown and the tranny grinds. So driving her for the first 4 hours, the turbo was not working, BUT the tranny was working perfectly (no grinding whatsoever). Up until 1 hour ago, I romped on the gas and all of a sudden I hear this PSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH and the car was unleashing hell. My friend and I look at each other and start giggling like little school girls. I took her to the highway and she's been boosting ever since. The guy I bought it from said he overheated the original engine and replaced it with another one but never changed the turbo! So i'm running the original turbo. He said the turbo was blown! Why is it working now? My friend said there may have been clogging in the oil lines. It's a mystery. Anybody have any input on this? Also, when I drive the car and switch from 1st to 2nd, then to 3rd, I head a clunking in the back. I was assuming it was the diff, but I don't really know. Anybody have these symptoms?

PS: I'm so happy with my new car, and am proud to be back with the DSM crowd.

Offline Matt Peschke

I'm back with the DSM world after 1.5 years
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 03:10:49 pm »
the actuator may be sticking open on your turbo...maybe it managed to seat itself again, and you were able to build boost...

gotta love it when things work out though eh