Author Topic: Best Island Roads  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Andrew Scott

Best Island Roads
« on: June 05, 2007, 03:17:00 am »
Hey Island dudes,

I was wondering if ya'll could list some of your favorite roads you have here on the island?
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline KevinBuckham

Best Island Roads
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2007, 11:33:03 am »
Here are three that come to mind immediately.

- West Saanich to left on Prospect Lake Road, right on Munns Road to Millstream Lake Road to Millstream.  The ends up near Western Speedway.  This is somewhat residential, so don't speed too much, but the road is quite fun.  Lots of elevation changes, narrow road, and off camber tight turns.  Back in the day I actually had a car stuck on my bumper.  Turned out it was a Ferrari.

- Metchosin Road to Rocky Point Road to East Sooke Road to Gillespie, then back via Sooke Road.  I always stop at East Sooke Park though.

- Drive between Port Alberni and Tofino

Offline MaxPatten

Best Island Roads
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 10:39:44 am »
West Saanich to left on Prospect Lake Road, right on Munns Road to Millstream Lake Road to Millstream. The ends up near Western Speedway. This is somewhat residential, so don't speed too much, but the road is quite fun. Lots of elevation changes, narrow road, and off camber tight turns. Back in the day I actually had a car stuck on my bumper. Turned out it was a Ferrari.

Good times on that road....my buddy and I used to race around there in our old vw's...its awesome at night since you can see if other cars are coming by seeing their headlights.

Metchosin Road to Rocky Point Road to East Sooke Road to Gillespie, then back via Sooke Road. I always stop at East Sooke Park though.

I've started driving that route quite a bit lately...some nice beaches to stop at and have some coffee, burn a joint and then drive back

I'd like to hear of some other cool routes as well though

Offline MaxPatten

Best Island Roads
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 10:40:33 am »
accidently double-posted :shock:

Offline Andrew Scott

Best Island Roads
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 03:51:21 pm »
All definitely good roads... if the Tofino road wasn't hours away, I'd drive it all the time
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!

Offline Andrew Scott

Best Island Roads
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 04:29:11 pm »
Oh yeah, and smoking pot is morally wrong, and whoever partakes in the consumption of marijuana is a complete and total tool.

Offline Craig Neels

andrew
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 04:39:10 pm »
i totally agree with u there Andrew
R.I.P
1995 eclipse gst
intake, 3" turbo back,GReddy type S...more to come

Offline Jared Grant

Best Island Roads
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 05:44:18 pm »
those are some strong words there andrew. i mean everyone has the right to there own saying, but taking stabs and people who endulge in the smoking of reefer is not nice.
90 tsi awd. ssqv, tubular header, no cat.

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
Best Island Roads
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2007, 10:18:18 am »
Quote from: "Andrew Scott"
Oh yeah, and smoking pot is morally wrong, and whoever partakes in the consumption of marijuana is a complete and total tool.

haha shut up, you're the biggest stoner I know. Who else owns a THC spray bottle? 420 for life beeyatch.

Offline Andrew Scott

Best Island Roads
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 02:46:23 am »
No, 240 for life beyatch! Hells yeah, my JDM 180sx with LHD conversion, KA24E swap, and USDM 240sx badging! It was Jordan Gladmans idea, man that guy just can't stay off the cutting edge!

By the way, smoking dope is the best.

Offline Jesse Veitch

Best Island Roads
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 12:40:29 pm »
don't smoke....... Vaporize.
97 TSi AWD
92 TSi AWD 6/4 bolt - Sold

Offline Ryan Furnemont

Best Island Roads
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 10:09:22 pm »
Quote from: "Jesse Veitch"
don't smoke....... Vaporize.

+1

Offline Jared Grant

Best Island Roads
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 11:05:18 pm »
never tried one, but i hear they fuck u up
90 tsi awd. ssqv, tubular header, no cat.