Author Topic: Before and After Meth results.  (Read 5970 times)

Offline Zach Holt

Re: Before and After Meth results.
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 06:23:57 pm »
Before, slow. After, Go.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Dan Harshey

• http://www.geocities.com/dishesco/Dishes_Home.html
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 06:30:03 pm »
Dan - How much power are you making with your setup?

I made 248hp and 232ft/lb on RG dyno, i was at that time running a chipped eprom with SAFC for tuning.  Stock 6 Bolt, with balance shafts removed.  FMIC, 750cc injectors, 255HP Walbro, and the GT30-10, at around 19psi with 400ish cc's of meth post turbo.  I believe the SAFC and chipped eprom were holding the car back, i was having some issues with the chip that was burnt for the car.  
I've since changed to ECMLink, dropped in a set of cams, and put on a FP Race Manifold, i'm curious to see what it will put down now.
91 Talon Tsi AWD 312hp/294ft/lbs<br />93 Talon Tsi FWD SOLD!

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 07:45:58 pm »
Nice. keep me posted. Did you buy the garret brand new? Reason I ask i because I just bought the cartridge and used my original cold and hot side, And it still came to $1100   yikes. Im just curious what you paid. As for the car, Take it to RG if you ever get the chance. They ironed out my low end so the car is quite driveable and spools relatively quick now. Before that I had slight bogging problems.
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 10:24:46 pm »
Cam, do you have a check valve in line, just before the nozzle?  And do you have a solenoid or are you just activating the pump?

I find VERY little lag in my system.  It sprays within miliseconds of the boost switch activating

Jordan, thats a good deal for those turbos.  They were $1500 USD new a few years back.  I used to have a -10 and now have a -12.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Ryan Dronsfield

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 12:34:09 pm »
If someone dosnt post a pic of a befor and after meth results from google images I wil lol :p

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2011, 05:39:00 pm »
meth = good nuff said.
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline daniel Dee

• Fully drivable
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2011, 07:11:23 pm »
I gained about 40hp and 35ft/lb by having the car tuned properly for the meth.

I'm running 20psi, with a GT30-10 turbo.  Also running a fairly small nozzle, a D05 which is around 400ishcc, before the throttle body.
For a comparison, when dyno tuning we went up one nozzle size and i gained 14hp.

I'd almost consider going with the progressive kit now, but didn't have the coin at the time.
P.S. i'm also running 100% Meth

Tuning without meth is mainly for low boost <15 psi... even then you have little margin of safety.
If you can't afford the meth ...drive a stocker and leave it that way and don't complain about bogging ,hesitation, sludge buildup, going up hills or high elevation driving.

Most dyno customers are so disappointed in their results they often install the meth kit immediately.
92 AWD TSI 5spd<br />Built motor ,AEM EMS, Arc2 cdi 1050cc&1000cc Staged injectors Billet S366 T4,top mount manifold.666 AWHP@39psi (RG Dyno 2010). New mods E85, BF cams, 72mm turbo, 70mm throttle body />90 TSI (gone), 95 TSI 5 spd sold, 93 Mazda 5sp(sold), 97 Acura 5spd Vtec 99 Audi A4 quad 5sp 2018 Civicturbo 6sp ktuner

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2011, 07:42:15 pm »
all that said, there were good numbers produced before the masses used methanol/water  :)

Most of that was on race fuel tho, so if you want a fast pump gas car, you almost have to use methanol/water injection.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 07:12:11 pm »
or put a 4g63 in a way lighter car then a heavy ass awd dsm!!

I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 10:04:10 pm »
and spin on the hiway  :D

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 10:49:51 pm »
huh??  i dont know what your talking about ;)
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline CamWeiss

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 11:34:16 pm »
Cam, do you have a check valve in line, just before the nozzle?  And do you have a solenoid or are you just activating the pump?

I find VERY little lag in my system.  It sprays within miliseconds of the boost switch activating

Yes to the check valve, it's correctly placed too. The boost controller activates the pump via a relay.
Objects in mirrors appear to be losing.

'92 6/4
'86 325e
'72 240z
'76 R75/6
'07 KTM 640 ADV

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 05:33:59 pm »
ahh, ok.

Get a solenoid.  Run the methanol to the solenoid from the pump.  Then solenoid out to the check valve, then the nozzle.  This way the pump keeps lots of pressure in the solenoid.  The solenoid is also much faster acting.  The pump takes a couple of seconds to build pressure, whereas the solenoid is nearly instantaneous in release.

Have whatever you use now to activate the solenoid.

Offline Vlad Busta

• http://www.members.tripod.com/Busta-bc
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2011, 11:51:20 am »
I have my system setup the same way John describes except I don't have the check valve after the solenoid.  There's about 10" of line from my solenoid to my nozzle so I don't think that amount of liquid is gonna harm things.  I also run an accumulator right after the pump which helps keep more fluid pressurized.  My pump is powered by my fuel pump wire so the pump is active whenever my fuel pump is (car running).  My solenoid is activated view my purge valve through the ECU code.

Having the meth system setup this way helps save pump life cause it's not constantly cycling and also as John mentioned it's instant flow.

If anyone cares, I'm running a 100psi Sureflow pump with an M10 nozzle at the elbow triggered to come on at 10psi.  It seems to be working well so far.

Later, Vlad.
all go, no show!

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 01:00:28 pm »
Vlad, its worth noting that on your system(and my old one) you are using a demand pump.  One that pressures up and shuts off till it needs more.  On many of the newer high pressure pumps, they internally bypass so they always run when they are powered up.  Running it this way would have the pump on the whole time the car is running. 

I'm sure you get this, I just thought I'd add this for new people and for future searches.