Author Topic: Before and After Meth results.  (Read 5967 times)

Offline Vlad Busta

• http://www.members.tripod.com/Busta-bc
Re: Before and After Meth results.
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2011, 01:55:25 pm »
Ahh, yes that's right.  My pump seems to be holding up fine but I'm sure a 250psi pump with be really good.
all go, no show!

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 06:52:16 pm »
I got a 250 pump in the mail the other day. Just need John to show me how he wired in his so I can copy and paste.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2011, 07:17:04 pm »
you guys still haven't answered his question though...

so here it is.

She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline Vlad Busta

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2011, 02:36:36 pm »
Meth is good. Mmmkay.
all go, no show!

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2011, 06:49:42 pm »
thats bullshit..   that first pic is after 10 beer.  lol
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline Dan Silburn

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2011, 10:12:44 pm »
Back from the dead, not that chick in the picture but this thread of course.. I have a evo 3 16g with 650 injectors a wally 255hp, FMIC, AFPR, full 3 inch exhaust. Im wondering what kit you guys would recommend on getting im a complete noob when it comes to meth and I want to get this in so I dont waste my time getting a tune without it!

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2011, 10:23:02 pm »
get something with a good pump, a good solenoid and an adjustable switch.

you don't really need a progressive one or one with tons of extra features.

the pump, solenoid and switch are the important parts.

Well, and so are the injectors.  Get something quality made.

If you don't go too huge on your methanol nozzles, you won't have to specifically tune for it, as it will just allow you to run more boost and timing on the same grade of fuel.  Bigger isn't always better, especially at first.

Start with one small/medium nozzle in the upper intercooler pipe.  Set it up to come on at about 10-15psi. Or wherever your knock starts to come on.   Tune that or have it tuned to how you like it and drive/enjoy the car.  If you need more later, you can add a second nozzle, or one pre turbo or even just put in a bigger one.

oh and use a check valve too in the line just before the nozzle.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2011, 10:43:58 pm »
John. whats your take on having no check valve but running a solenoid close enough to the nozzle...  The solenoid is a check valve technically, or am I wrong. The solenoid should have pressure behind it anytime its open... and when its closed it doesnt allow any backflow.  My setup is allowing me to put my solenoid within inches of the nozzle. thats y i ask.

Offline Dan Silburn

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2011, 11:09:13 pm »
https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16150&cat=858&page=1

I like buying from zig so how does that kit look for my setup?

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2011, 11:24:26 pm »
that'll work   but if you go that direction make sure you go with the 6-30psi switch.   I may have missed the detail but i didnt see a pump size on there. try to go 150 or bigger. that appears to be a 100psi pump... but i may be wrong.  I know Vlad just moved from a 100 to a 250recirc. due to lack of pressure.   I havent ran my 150 pump but I think it should be fine..   250psi recirc is balla!

Offline Dan Harshey

• http://www.geocities.com/dishesco/Dishes_Home.html
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2011, 11:37:01 pm »
https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16150&cat=858&page=1

I like buying from zig so how does that kit look for my setup?

I have that exact kit Dan.  Its great, get the 6-30psi switch for sure.  Its a 250psi pump, not sure if on demand or recirc.?
91 Talon Tsi AWD 312hp/294ft/lbs<br />93 Talon Tsi FWD SOLD!

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2011, 11:41:05 pm »
probably demand.   the recirc pump is a bit more..   but im shocked that a 250psi pump with that kit!   thats rad!

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 11:53:45 pm »
I guess if the line is short enough, no check valve is needed, but its better.

If the line is full, there is no delay, or chance of it being sucked into the engine when you don't want it, such as at idle.  Again, with a short line its probably not that big a deal.

the higher pressure pumps do seem to work better, at least for me.  The demand pumps are simpler to setup as you only need to trigger the pump with one switch, via the solenoid.  With the recirc pumps you need something to turn it on once you are nearly ready to fire the solenoid or it will be running all the time.  I have the fuel pressure solenoid line runing to the pump relay and its triggered at around 3000rpm, 4 psi and 30% tps via the ECU thru Jackal.  Then its primed for when the switch opens the solenoid at 12 psi.  Works well, because the pump is never running under normal driving conditions for more than a second or so maybe.  But its ready to go when you need it.

But like I said, on demand pump can be just key on power because it shuts off when it reaches head pressure.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:39:07 am by John Hartman »
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Vlad Busta

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2011, 10:29:21 am »
Hey there John, I think you meant on-demand  type pump in your last sentence.

Thanks for the info on your setup. Mine is currently wired to my fuel pump wire so it's running whenever the car is on. I'm going to wire it into my fuel pressure solenoid and as you described.

If you want to trigger your solenoid off of the purge solenoid valve like Jackal let me know  ;)

The recirculating pump is the wayto go. I've seen videos on you tube comparing both types of pumps and their spray patterns out the nozzles. You can see that the on-demand pumps have a pulsing pattern which to me is varying pressure though the nozzles (varying cc/min). That and upgrading to a 200 psi pump would promote better atomization and effectively have 170 psi of pressure instead of 70 psi on my old pump when running 30 psi of boost.

I may just repurpose my 100 psi pump for pre-turbo meth injection or an IC sprayer.

Later, Vlad.
all go, no show!

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2011, 10:41:36 am »
edited sorry.  Late post last nite.

yea the steady pressure is good.  Tho I had an accumulator in there to keep things closer to steady.

And the extra pressure is good too, from both an atomization stand point and from a flow stand point.  I had a 100psi pump before but now I have a 250.

On the topic of pressure tho, if you go from a 100 psi pump with 1 or more huge nozzles, you will be running TONS more methanol now, just be aware...

Oh and I am still running Jackal, but version 1.04, the free one.  I cannot see any benefits of the new one so I see no reason to upgrade.

I would like to have the logger cable I bought, so I can log without Marke coming over, or buying a Keyspan adapter.

I would also like to have some of the features that others are talking about, such as the extended maps and some of the cool stuff being discussed elsewhere, but I need a good GUI to do it, I am not "one with the matrix" as it were...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 10:43:51 am by John Hartman »