Author Topic: Before and After Meth results.  (Read 5954 times)

Offline Jordan Kruger

Re: Before and After Meth results.
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2011, 09:46:25 pm »
Meth Setup complete  8)    all plumbing is done and Im wiring it up tomorrow      So Im running a 150 coolingmist pump to an SMC accumulator to an SMC VX2120 Solenoid and then to a 12gph coolingmist nozzle. .      stoked.        Im startin off with bug wash. I dont really know what gains to expect but Im sure they will be quite significant once fully tuned.   ;D

Thanks to Vlad busta and Andrew Volcz for helpin a brutha out .
Will post result once tuned.  ;)
337awhp.  ---> 500 awhp ? =)

Replacing parts since early 2010.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2011, 10:07:55 pm »
u gonna love it mang!!

more boost, more timing, less fuel.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2011, 06:58:33 pm »
Got it all wired up and functional now.  Its ran off a switch at the moment till I get time to tune it.  Ive managed to do a few WOT pulls and when I switch the meth on its quite the jolt!   already makes a huge difference without tuning.  Im getting a base tune with Vlad and then Im taking it to RG to put down some numbers.

Heres how I mounted everything in the trunk.  I think it turned out great. I put metal backing behind the pump so I was able to mount it on the plastics panel. and I had to fab a bracket to hold the Bug wash bottle in place    so stoked.       itsss doooonnnneee  8)

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2011, 09:06:51 pm »
HAHAHAHa, that bug juice bottle is priceless!

Just run the line to the stock washer fluid bottle.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2011, 09:09:14 pm »
HELLL no    i want this to be ghetto fabulous.   haha.   its runs out ..  it gets a new tank    lol

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2011, 09:16:20 pm »
hehehe.  :)

you probably won't be able to run that at the track like that.

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2011, 09:33:31 pm »
yea    ill be sure to do anything necessary around track time    :)   still need to set up my catch can and strap the battery down too 

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2011, 09:52:42 pm »
looks kinda iffy... if that sucks in air during a pull and you're tuned for it you realize you stand to lose your engine...

just ask Ryan
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Kristopher

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2011, 11:40:42 pm »
The meth reservoir should ideally be bottom-fed to eliminate any air in the line. When changing out the bottle I can't see how you would avoid it.

It looks frickin awesome though :)
Kristopher

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2011, 05:43:25 am »
lol    the line going into the bug wash is super tight going thru the lid and its fed right to the bottom of the bottle. It doesnt back out or anything.  Ide be worried if i was using a dinky resevoir. With the small resevoirs you get more splashing under acceleration. And I also have an accumulator in that pic.  its a secondary reservoir which will ensure that there is always fluid in the line.    It will take about a month before the fluid gets low...  and just like my fuel tank, it will never get lower than half tank  ;)         While we were water testing the setup yesterday we  had the the nozzle hooked up but spraying into a bucket, and just with the accumulator pressure, it was able to spray for a good 2 minutes with the pump off.       I like iffy awhp tho,   thanks remi      :P     I may do a different rez someday, but for now   Fak it!   shit works.   8)

Ive noticed gains even without tuning.  Once its tuned Im sure Ill reach my goal of 400+awhp  ;D     

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2011, 11:10:51 am »
hey they're your pistons, you can do what you want :P

I see you got a new interior, looks much better.
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline Jordan Kruger

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2011, 05:28:04 pm »
yup.   new rear plastic. rear privacy cover. backseats. back seatbelts. front seats. door skins. Headliner. and rear carpet.  ide say its had a complete makeover yea. lol   I also managed to get a sideskirt panel too.   Anyone with meth experience able to tell me what kind of gains I should expect with the system Im running currently?   150pump,12gph nozzle.  I may incorporate pre-turbo nozzle if my pump can keep up.  I was impressed with the performance of the setup in the simple fact that the nozzle doesnt pulsate.  Im assuming it would if it werent for the accumulator.  ;)

Offline Vlad Busta

• http://www.members.tripod.com/Busta-bc
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2011, 12:42:38 am »
Yep
all go, no show!