Author Topic: So I hear the BC Fairies went on strike  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Mike Schmid

So I hear the BC Fairies went on strike
« on: December 08, 2003, 07:54:45 pm »
Sucks to be you guys...  :?
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Emil_Bock

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 08:04:22 pm »
They are still running....just for limited sailing....

Offline Wade Carlson

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 08:26:17 pm »
i almost never take the ferry anyways they can go on strike for as long as they want :laugh:
Had a DSM...........sold it............ never been happier

Offline Dan Harshey

• http://www.geocities.com/dishesco/Dishes_Home.html
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 09:17:13 pm »
Quote from: "Wade Carlson"
i almost never take the ferry anyways they can go on strike for as long as they want :laugh:

Exactly, I don't really care either, they cost an arm and a leg to take the damn things anyway, I just hope i can still get on one in January, ha ha ha Nickelback Concert!!!! anyone else going to that on the isle??
Dan
91 Talon Tsi AWD 312hp/294ft/lbs<br />93 Talon Tsi FWD SOLD!

Offline Michael Cummings

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 10:56:36 pm »
i wont be goin over untill summer neways
1992 Talon Tsi (Sold - Owned from 02-09)
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)
2008 Kawi Ninja250R (daily rider)
1998 Ford Explorer XLT (daily driver)

Offline Eric McIntyre

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2003, 11:01:31 pm »
ya its shitty......but i don't plan on taking them any time soon....... but it fucked up our sony order at my store, and a hole shitloada sony stands didnt come in......now people are complainin because they can't get the stand they wanted!
ferry prices are bullshit anyways....... can't stand them!
1 laser rs....sold
the only way it was doin 12's in a quarter mile was being dropped off a 1320 foot  cliff
.....stupid university costing so much

Offline Andrew Scott

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 11:46:34 pm »
I was on the ferry on friday .. no mayonase burgers :(
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 09:36:20 am »
Yup, the ferries suck. I can't afford to use them either but they sure are causing problems for everybody else. Whoever bought those Fast Cats should open up a little competition god knows I would if I had one of those.

As for Nickelback, I saw them the other year at the Memorial Arena before they went super huge. Now there's no arena there, and their tickets will never be that cheap again 8)

Offline Michael Cummings

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2003, 11:25:11 am »
i personally think this strike is bs....75% of the people on strike have jobs that any mcdonald punk could easily do..they are basically the same job and mcdonalds kids make at the lowest like 6.50 an hr...they should just fire anyone who doens't think they get enough money and then hire some minimum wages kids
1992 Talon Tsi (Sold - Owned from 02-09)
1990 Chev Astro (RIP)
1988 Yamaha FZR250 (RIP)
2008 Kawi Ninja250R (daily rider)
1998 Ford Explorer XLT (daily driver)

Offline Dan Harshey

• http://www.geocities.com/dishesco/Dishes_Home.html
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2003, 11:55:05 am »
Quote from: "Jeremy Clarke"
As for Nickelback, I saw them the other year at the Memorial Arena before they went super huge. Now there's no arena there, and their tickets will never be that cheap again 8)

How much were your tickets??, mine were only $42bucks i thought that was pretty reasonable.

and to continue the ferry thread, did anyone notice that the title is spelt "fairies" ha ha ha, no offence to peoples spelling or anything, as mine is probably worse than anyones, just found it a little funny thats all
91 Talon Tsi AWD 312hp/294ft/lbs<br />93 Talon Tsi FWD SOLD!

Offline Kevin Standeven

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2003, 12:23:39 pm »
oh, you islanders are talking about boats? that's a whole different issue, now lets get back to the pixie, sprite, imp, and gnome strike
97 Talon AWD

Currently under the knife...

Offline Jeremy Clarke

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2003, 08:35:44 pm »
Dan, that is still pretty reasonable I thought they would be wanting way more now. The other year in Vic they were only $27 though. 8)

As for the spelling of the thread title, I thought it might have been intentional :P

Offline Eric McIntyre

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2003, 11:39:35 pm »
which night did you go on? i went on the original night(the second one) front row center baby! the floor was crazy........so much body surfing! and man those flames were huge!
ferry food sucks anyways! but i see what ur sayin....... just hire a buncha mcdonalds people and voila problem solved.....fuck i'd work on the ferry if i got paid like 12 bucks an hour! i wonder how much they do get paid already! any body got statistics?
there was a buncha them strikers accross the street from my work kso me an my buddy kevin started yellin at them onm the way to work..... it was great
1 laser rs....sold
the only way it was doin 12's in a quarter mile was being dropped off a 1320 foot  cliff
.....stupid university costing so much

Offline Jeremy Clarke

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2003, 12:45:21 am »
I went on that same night too but since I had to sit on the phone for 40 minutes instead of actually being there to buy them, the best seats I could get were front row behind the goal, but I could still feel the heat off those piro's and when Chad came down to the back he was right by me. It was kind of funny. When I first phoned I only wanted two tickets but by the time I got through, I bought six so I could give them as Christmas gifts. 8) It kind of pissed me off when they made a second date for the night BEFORE the original. :evil:

Offline Andrew Scott

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2003, 01:08:05 am »
Personally, I'd rather ride the ferry than see nickleback.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT