Author Topic: stupid F******* cops.  (Read 3002 times)

Offline Shane Sawatzki

stupid F******* cops.
« on: June 13, 2008, 04:18:10 pm »
Wow guys im not having a good week, crashed the car on wednesday...cop told me it was still driveable because i had all my lights etc they all work. THIS MORNING I get pulled over infront of my school...tryin to goto class and the girl cop tells me my exhaust is questionably loud AND TOO BIG?!?! It is loud...but no were near as loud as alot of sports cars. but too big...its got like a 4 inch tip...or less, so then she goes on to tell me my amber/gold/yellow fog lights are illegal because when they are off they look purple/blue...and the best part is the headlights...are illegal because they have halo's, which i understand but bmw's have them lol. so in the end...She GIVES ME A FUCKING Vehicle inspection. because of my exhaust being questionably loud and my headlights. I let her have a piece of my mind after getting the VI. told her "I would like you too know that this is fucking bullshit" but all in all...my dad has his inspections ticket so i dont have to go pay to get it done
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Matt Demick

Re: stupid F******* cops.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 04:51:25 pm »
my dad has his inspections ticket so i dont have to go pay to get it done

Nice to know :D
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 06:14:32 pm »
so their easy to pass dude As long as shit is safe you pass. If they lights work you pass if your cars seat belts work and defrost ect batt tightend down ect little shit cars not to low no sharp edges blah blah yea know. for my car I only needed a front bumper to put my stock seat belt back in and to fassen my batt down. yall know what my car looks like. Their money over a ticket for all of it. she was being nice.

Ps just take the fogs off. They were optinal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 10:58:47 pm »
well my passenger front fender is mangled...a couplle sharp edges...lol i know they arent hard to pass...just pissed that the only real reason i got one is because my exhaust was too big and apparently too loud when iv been told by 3 guys at westernspeedway that there is no way im louder than the limit and they told me i should have asked her to get her db meter out and meter it to see how loud it is because i know it isnt illegally loud lol. other than that everything works. and after talking to my dad my foglights arent illegal they are the small circle yellow/amber headlights, dot approved. too bad my headlight lens's werent dot. but i just got to mount the front plate on the front of the front bumper. i got super technical but it didnt work. my plate had the top bent on a 90 degree angle and screwed upwards into the bottom of the front bumper. but apparently thats not good enough lol. just gotta mount the plate and fix the headlights. the accident damage doesnt make it illegal because all my markers, signals and headlights work...just looks like hell on wheels.
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 04:08:32 pm »
good thing one cop tells you its driveable and then when you drive it another one tells you its not hey?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 10:54:15 am »
fuckkk, did they give you a cop vi or a actual full go in pay money?

Offline Chad Giffen

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 10:58:49 am »
Whenever I have my exhaust questioned by cops....    always say 2 things....

1)  Well officer what is the legal limit in decibals then if you think this exhaust is too loud?

2) Tell me officer, why arent you giving tickets to Harleys or other bike in which you can hear their exhaust a mile away.

If they cant honestly tell you the legal limit in decibals, then they have no right giving you a ticket.
1993 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD Electric Blue
Evo III 16g
Stock Boost

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 11:05:44 am »
fuckkk, did they give you a cop vi or a actual full go in pay money?

I got a blue ticket...with 3 stages of a v.i and i got a stage 2 v.i which says i have 30 days to take it to a designated inspection facility...and then my clutch went so i havent been able to get it inspected yet...lol

Whenever I have my exhaust questioned by cops....    always say 2 things....

1)  Well officer what is the legal limit in decibals then if you think this exhaust is too loud?

2) Tell me officer, why arent you giving tickets to Harleys or other bike in which you can hear their exhaust a mile away.

If they cant honestly tell you the legal limit in decibals, then they have no right giving you a ticket.

I was too pissed off at the time I didnt think of saying any of that...your not the first that has told me I shoulda say something like that...
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 08:57:55 pm »
1 90 DCB
2 Bike dont have horns

;) VPD here im come!
Then google.
Then ask.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 09:03:31 pm »
3, bikes do have horns and wtf does that have to do with how loud their exhaust is?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 10:24:16 pm »
haha... do the "choppers" that are done out really have horns?  some of them dont even have turn signals.  I think hes just saying that they use they exhuast to warn people that they are coming,  or get the fuck outta the way.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 10:06:00 pm »
3, bikes do have horns and wtf does that have to do with how loud their exhaust is?

They are easy to miss for the most part. But being loud make you know threes one around so there's no decibel level limit. no one rides around honking then they think that you"might not" know their there. A large number of bikes/choppers dont have horns and most bike horns sound like a F%$@ing squeez toy.
Then google.
Then ask.

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2009, 04:24:15 pm »
Hey Shane, I just got a VI the other day. What's your dad's number?  ;) Only joking.
"you just need to drive a well setup DSM. In all fairness, a well setup DSM probably drives like a stock E30, ha ha."

Offline CamWeiss

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2009, 11:43:59 pm »
I'm curious to know how the dB reading is measured for street legal purposes.

I've been measured at 96 dB fairly recently at Western Speedway, but that's measured at full throttle, beside/behind the car at ~50 ft.
This makes me wonder if I'm street legal or not (although I won't care until someone decides to do something about it).
Objects in mirrors appear to be losing.

'92 6/4
'86 325e
'72 240z
'76 R75/6
'07 KTM 640 ADV

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 11:46:50 pm »
I'm curious to know how the dB reading is measured for street legal purposes.

I've been measured at 96 dB fairly recently at Western Speedway, but that's measured at full throttle, beside/behind the car at ~50 ft.
This makes me wonder if I'm street legal or not (although I won't care until someone decides to do something about it).

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the dB reading is supposed to be 115dB@50ft with full throttle

EDIT: They are fairly vague on the multiple sites when it comes to the allowed noise levels, but after some searching, I found the following:

Vehicle noise

27 A motor vehicle shall be equipped with an exhaust muffler which complies with section 7.03 of the regulations.

The opinion of an inspector as to whether the engine and exhaust noise is greater than that made by other vehicles in good condition of comparable size, horsepower, piston displacement or compression ratio shall determine whether exhaust gases are expelled with excessive noise.

When tested in an inspection station, the vehicle engine, any auxiliary engine and exhaust level shall not exceed Table 3 standards.

[en. B.C. Reg. 658/76, s. 2.]
Table 3

[am. B.C. Reg. 656/76, s. 2.]

Class of Vehicle               Maximum Allowable Sound Pressure Level DBA
Light duty                            83
Gasoline-driven heavy duty     88
Motorcycles                         91
Diesel-driven heavy duty        93
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:16:18 am by Maurits Vos »
"you just need to drive a well setup DSM. In all fairness, a well setup DSM probably drives like a stock E30, ha ha."