Author Topic: Kelowna/Okanagan Area? HELPP  (Read 786 times)

Offline Ryan Fleing

• cam gears with clear cover
Kelowna/Okanagan Area? HELPP
« on: September 03, 2008, 04:22:30 pm »
Hey guys I am a recent owner of a dsm, 92 talon AWD, its fairly done out but i do not know that much, I know lots about the car, but im not good at tuning and things like that. Just wanted to know if there was someone in my area experienced with DSMs that would like to help me out, im having problems with the car and i think its a boost leak but i do not have the equipment to do a boost leek test. when i got the car it was running fine, somewhat rough cause it hasnt had a good tune since the big turbo got put on, new cams, timing belt, and cam gears put in, 3" gm mass put in, etc.... and now i can drive it like a normal car but at 4k rpm it just sputters like a son of a gun, its running very rich and i hear a hissing noise comming from somewhere under the hood when its idling, sounds like air.... but cant find where its leaking from
92 talon tsi awd....
garret turbo, crower 272 cams, blah blah blah
it goes pretty good

Offline Shane Sawatzki

Re: Kelowna/Okanagan Area? HELPP
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 05:41:13 pm »
water and soap + spray bottle...if its hissing loud enough that you can hear it...you should be able to find it fairly easy this way. thats all i can think of
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 05:11:28 pm »
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 05:53:51 pm »
and i hear a hissing noise comming from somewhere under the hood when its idling, sounds like air.... but cant find where its leaking from

he doesnt even need that matt, if he can hear it at idle, then he can just let the car idle and spray soap and water and look for bubbles lol. same thing as using that ic tester, u pressurize the system and spray soap and water to try and find ur leak...but in his case its leaking at idle...so he can skip that step, unless he cant find his problem then ignor what i just said and BOOST LEAK TEST
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold