Author Topic: Junkyards in and around Victoria  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Ryan Slater

Junkyards in and around Victoria
« on: September 23, 2008, 01:45:30 pm »
As the title says, anyone know of any junkyards in Vic that may carry stuff for a 1g. As i posted in the garage forum, I need to get a part of a headlight assembly for a 1gb.
92 TSI AWD-

Offline Dan Harshey

• http://www.geocities.com/dishesco/Dishes_Home.html
Re: Junkyards in and around Victoria
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 02:48:15 pm »
Apparently from what i've heard Brentwood Salvage which Shawn Silva ran, and had tons of DSM's has closed, and now Malahat Auto took a lot of their Talons.......someone correct me if i'm wrong.
91 Talon Tsi AWD 312hp/294ft/lbs<br />93 Talon Tsi FWD SOLD!

Offline Ryan Slater

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 05:13:17 pm »
I went to Malahat today, however, they didn't have any parts from my car. They DID have tons of dsm's though, but only two that were 1gb's and both didnt have headlights or the wires for that matter. So, i'm kinda of fucked. They wanted 45$ to cut the wires if they had it, which i thought was expensive? No?
92 TSI AWD-

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 05:24:39 pm »
if you come to vnacouver I have a parts car thats going to be raped and tossed out to rust its a 92 style front end. dirt cheep oem parts. 

just a thought.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 06:05:28 pm »
i got a couple 1gb headlights. 30$
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Ryan Slater

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 08:10:26 pm »
Shane, i don't actually need the headlight, i just need the harness that clips into the headlight. I would have to cut the harness of the wires so I could splice it. If you do have that part, then I would be down to meet you. I presume you are in vic?

92 TSI AWD-

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 10:48:54 pm »
Shane, i don't actually need the headlight, i just need the harness that clips into the headlight. I would have to cut the harness of the wires so I could splice it. If you do have that part, then I would be down to meet you. I presume you are in vic?

shit no, the plugs/harness I did not keep...they went to scrap with the rest of the car...and yes im in vic if you need anything else, i may have it cuz i salvaged some of the parts that were good.
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Ryan Slater

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 12:19:03 am »
Alright, well if any of your other vic boys have one let me know!
92 TSI AWD-

Offline CamWeiss

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 07:30:35 am »
I had to go to Vancouver when I needed the same part. You're probably SOL for the Victoria area.
Objects in mirrors appear to be losing.

'92 6/4
'86 325e
'72 240z
'76 R75/6
'07 KTM 640 ADV

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 07:20:20 pm »
I am glad Brentwood Salvage is closed they did it to themselves in, trying to rip people off.. See ya later ha. Can't compete with Ebay..well sometimes you can but... you guys know
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 07:29:09 pm »
I am glad Brentwood Salvage is closed they did it to themselves in, trying to rip people off.. See ya later ha. Can't compete with Ebay..well sometimes you can but... you guys know

i never had a bad experience with brentwood, and never got ripped off.......but have herd others have? hmmm...
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline CamWeiss

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 10:28:15 pm »
I've never been impressed with Brentwood. (Sorry, Shawn).

Their prices have always been too high, and the service that I received the times I was there was piss-poor.

However, this does mean not having a DSM wrecker a couple kliks down the road from me.
Objects in mirrors appear to be losing.

'92 6/4
'86 325e
'72 240z
'76 R75/6
'07 KTM 640 ADV

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008, 08:17:52 am »

i never had a bad experience with brentwood, and never got ripped off.......but have herd others have? hmmm...

My wife bought some winter wheels from them and they were supposedly "balanced" but they were so bad When driving and you take you hand off the wheel the car wonders off to the right. Definitely not alignment issue, when the stock rims were on no problems.

If they were a little lower price wise, they could have had some steady business having BCDSM on the island. So did they just go under or what?
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline Joliesa Lepp

• 1993 tsi awd - big 16g, fmic, meth... head.
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 07:01:26 pm »
My wife bought some winter wheels from them and they were supposedly "balanced" but they were so bad When driving and you take you hand off the wheel the car wonders off to the right. Definitely not alignment issue, when the stock rims were on no problems.

If they were a little lower price wise, they could have had some steady business having BCDSM on the island. So did they just go under or what?

Man, I always get my tires checked out if they're used or bought from a wrecker. Where I come from (And depending on who you know) getting tires balanced is like maybe $20 a wheel. Get your girlfriend to take it to Crappy Tire and it'll prolly be free! hehe.

Not to knock you or anything but as far as the sales guy was concerned the tires were prolly balanced on the previous car, or he fed you a bs line. I don't personally see that as a reason to bag out a business that did poorly cause I know a lot of people that were happy with Brentwood.
Outta the game!

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 08:42:01 am »
I dont know if you know how they do it, but they take the tire off and throw weights on the rims until it balances. I just think they were lazy about it. Also you if your wanting to be a successful business you MAY want to make sure the job is done right. So they customers like myself keep coming back. A good service department will ALWAYS check and never assume its done properly, its normal business practice.

Sorry about beating a dead horse here, I do not want to come across as an incompetent consumer, which I am definitely am NOT. I asked him twice if they were balanced and he said yes..so I thought it was done. So I guess we got screwed, although I remember they forgot to charge us for tire cable chains HAHAHA. Its all in the past now.

So Ryan I think its Malahat auto parts, and maybe Blackies up past Duncan that might have the DSM parts remaining. You could always call auto wreckers up island and see if anyone them carry DSM parts too, I would hope some of them would.
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)