Author Topic: ( Need Help ) on starting my car  (Read 642 times)

Earl Lee

( Need Help ) on starting my car
« on: October 03, 2005, 03:10:08 pm »
well i am moving to a new home and i have my car sitting there for a few months now. but it wouldnt start.

i sold my bov + the tube the was attach to it. could that be the cost? the starter is fine cuz the car is turning, and it has fuel in it too.

if the bov is the cost of my car not starting. where can i get that stock part? what is it called anybody wanna help me out?

thanks

Offline Miles Frederick

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 03:37:48 pm »
The upper intetcooler pipe / hose needs to be sealed.  A bov is necessary to vent boost when the throttle plate closes to prevent damage to the turbine blade and bearing, although you could probably limp it somewhere at very light throttle.  However you'll be going nowhere if the upper hose is not sealed.

Your air flow meter is at the beginning of the intake pipe, if there's a huge hole in the upper intercooler pipe (missing bov, etc) you will not be drawing any air through the meter thus no fuel.
91 TSI AWD
91 Laser NA

"A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag"

Ds-map / Jackal, highly recommended.  I've been running it for the last 3 - 4 years.  Amazing improvement in throttle response and overall power under part throttle conditions, and that was with the old maf still in place for 2 years.  Amazing tuning platform in my opinion, and best of all free.

Offline Andrew Scott

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 05:19:04 pm »
Miles is absoloutly correct.

To sum up what he said:
Yes that's the cause.
Yes you need a stock blow off valve ad upper intercooler pipe for your car to run.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Earl Lee

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 09:28:27 pm »
hey thanks guys i will try that first thing 2morrow.  :beer: