Author Topic: Need some help Trobleshooting with an "check engine&quo  (Read 1011 times)

Anonymous

Need some help Trobleshooting with an "check engine&quo
« on: November 15, 2002, 03:30:54 pm »
Ok, here is the deal.... I get into the car early in the moring, it has been sitting in the cold for over 6 hours and when i start the car, it happens.  The check engine light comes on, the car hesitates, then the revs drop to about 300 or so, i hit the gas to get the revs up, and it hesitates, so i punch it, get the revs up to about 5000, and then the car seems to be all good.

This has happened about 5+ times, and it seems to be around the same severity each time.  I did just install a new ECU, but I don't think that that would be the problem.  Anyways, if anyone has any insight on this I would appreciate some help.

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2002, 04:44:17 pm »
My CE stays on for a few seconds after I start my car, and then turns off.

As for your revs dropping when cold, perhaps you have a faulty temperature sensor.  It fairly easy to check.
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2002, 04:49:30 pm »
I know, my light stays on too when i start it up, i also adjusted my BISS and that didn't change anything.  It could be a temp sensor thing, i will check out the rest of the ecu error codes and see what it might be.

Offline Sean Tran

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2002, 06:19:35 pm »
Could be the ECU, or the IAC solenoid, or something else.
url=http://members.shaw.ca/dsmtalon]'93 6-bolt TSi AWD[/url]

R.I.P.  Jay
BC DSM 2003

Offline DeeDee Vickner

CE light
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2002, 11:28:54 pm »
Fred:  I am also having the same problem you describe, however it doesnt do it on start up (but of course the ce light does light up like all the others upon start up).  I can be driving along when suddenly the car "bogs", the CE light comes on and she feels like she is dying so I give her a good hit of gas and presto! problem solved.  It has been doing this since June for some reason and only once in a while....like once a week or every two weeks.  Is this the "fuel cut" I have heard about? Dirty injectors?? Ahhh, you gotta LOVE these cars! :D

Chao C. Yin

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2002, 11:05:48 am »
My car used to do that.

Parked for less than a couple of hours, fires up, , hesitates, rev drops to 300, stalls, fires up again, put the foot on gas to keep it at 2500rpm for like 10 sec, then all seems good.

And the car will give me a CE light every day or two and then goes away.  For about 4-6 month I drove my car like that not knowing what is going on, then one day I put my on a hoist for some work underneath it and I realized that my O2 sensor plug is hanging below the turbo.  Once plugged back everything goes away.