Author Topic: fp green turbo questions  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Charn Gill

fp green turbo questions
« on: February 17, 2015, 06:58:17 am »
So, a fp green turbo with an external wastegate off the o2 housing, routed down and vented to atmosphere. Is the setup im looking to buy. Currently have a stock t25 with an o2 dump. The external wastegate Will replace the Current o2 dump correct? I mean I can't have an external wastegate and an o2 dump running off the o2 housing right? Lol
Also what wastegate would you guys recommend? And what spring? Daily driver, 98 gst. With almost all supporting mods. I drive it at stock boost with the occasional 18 psi.

Also, i have an Injen intake, would that fit onto the fp green? Took me forever to find the black intake. I dont wanna get rid of it just yet. 
95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

We all own DSM's so clearly we like abusive relationships - Rob Armstrong

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
Re: fp green turbo questions
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 08:58:09 am »
Yes it replaces the current one and yes you can have an external wastegate with dump run off the o2 housing. If you buy the right o2 housing. That's how mine is set up. Alternatively, you can run it off the manifold if you are changing that.

I recommend tial wastegate and 1 bar spring.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 08:21:18 pm »
Thanks for the reply marke, I put on my fp race manifold last month and don't really feel like messing with the way it looks. Lol.
After searching around I've narrowed down my options to either the fp O2 housing and tial waste gate with dump tube.
Or the punishment racing O2 housing with tial waste gate and also dumped to atmosphere.
The punishment racing setup is 25 bucks cheaper than fp's, and comes with lifetime warranty and free shipping. ....

Suggestions?
95 GS-T ** 91 RX-7 ** 94 Civic Hatch. - B18-C ** 07 Dodge Nittro ** 90 Isuzu Impulse RS ** 98 Eclipse GS-T Spyder

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 09:49:26 pm »
Does almost all supporting mods include injectors and something to tune with?

The green xl is no joke, and a helluva lot more turbo than a t25 or a 16g 
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 06:45:07 am »
Does almost all supporting mods include injectors and something to tune with?

The green xl is no joke, and a helluva lot more turbo than a t25 or a 16g  

Currently running fic 650cc injectors and a safcII. I know it's a lil old school, but so am I. Lol
I know in need bigger injectors and link. I'll have those in before I throw on the turbo.
 fp green flows at 54lbs/min.
....Could I run the fp green with what I have right now?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 06:53:50 am by Charn Gill »

Bryan Hoytema

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 07:23:10 am »
What are your current supporting mods ?

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 07:40:48 am »

In reference to the turbo upgrade,
650cc injectors
Safc2
Injen intake
Fmic
Bov recirc
255 lph fp rewired
Afpr
Fp race manifold
O2 dump
Turbo back exhaust
Boost controller
Wide band
Boost gauge
Oil pressure gauge

Also have 264/272 cams to be installed still and a 1g throttle body

Offline Ivan Skare

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 08:06:27 am »

In reference to the turbo upgrade,
650cc injectors
Safc2
Injen intake
Fmic
Bov recirc
255 lph fp rewired
Afpr
Fp race manifold
O2 dump
Turbo back exhaust
Boost controller
Wide band
Boost gauge
Oil pressure gauge

Also have 264/272 cams to be installed still and a 1g throttle body

I'd use something else to tune with. Can't go with a nice n fancy turno and cheap out on the tune. They kinda go hand in hand.
2015 - 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST soon to be AWD
2012 - 1992 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
2004 - 1990 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
2002 - 1990 Plymouth Laser RS N/T

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2015, 09:03:26 am »
I have a spare eprom ecu out of a 95 dsm.
If I send it in to get socketed, and install it. Would I have to buy the software as well? Or can I just swing over to a friends house or to rg and get it tuned?

Bryan Hoytema

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2015, 09:36:15 am »
usually if you send it in to get socketed by lets say ecmlink , theyll install the chip and give you the software and OBDII cable to plug your laptop into .but if you dont know how to tune it youll have to take it to get tuned at a shop.

full V3 software

http://www.ecmtuning.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=10&products_id=36

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 10:18:33 am »
usually if you send it in to get socketed by lets say ecmlink , theyll install the chip and give you the software and OBDII cable to plug your laptop into .but if you dont know how to tune it youll have to take it to get tuned at a shop.

full V3 software

http://www.ecmtuning.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=10&products_id=36

I'd definitely have to get someone to tune it for me. I've never even touched link or so much as seen what it can do.

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 11:59:37 am »
Aside from tuning/fuel needs, hopefully you have urethane mounts etc, and something decent for a clutch, a healthy transmission (built should be on the horizon considering our cars age if original), and an LSD front diff should already be on order.

Once you push past the 16g or so range things start to get infinitely more expensive, and the chance for breakage goes up drastically.

The lure of the big turbo is strong and I understand that..
Should find yourself a nice 16g mhi or fancier fp version and keep it simple for a daily..I'm speaking from experience here.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 12:31:37 pm by kevin derhouson »
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 01:06:57 pm »
Aside from tuning/fuel needs, hopefully you have urethane mounts etc, and something decent for a clutch, a healthy transmission (built should be on the horizon considering our cars age if original), and an LSD front diff should already be on order.

Once you push past the 16g or so range things start to get infinitely more expensive, and the chance for breakage goes up drastically.

Should find yourself a nice 16g mhi or fancier fp version and keep it simple for a daily..I'm speaking from experience here.

+1
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 01:07:11 pm »

I hear ya, I was planning on going with the fp 68hta.  But I don't like the fact that I'll need to get a j pipe for that turbo.  And currently the fp 68hta, the green, red, and black are all the same price.

But I won't be making any of these purchases right away, but soon. So maybe I'll change my mind. Lol but man, I like the idea of having a fp green.  

Offline Charn Gill

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 01:34:49 pm »
Is it really that big of a difference between the fp68hta which flows at 51lbs/min vs the fp green which flows at 54lbs/min?