Author Topic: Wastegate vacuum line keeps breaking?  (Read 800 times)

Offline Willem Kelly

• wewt turbo
Wastegate vacuum line keeps breaking?
« on: June 06, 2015, 11:06:17 am »
Anyone experienced this before? It's usually good for a couple days then all of a sudden I'm boosting 20+psi because the hose cracks at the end of the nipple to the wastegate actuator... I noticed the intake pipe sits pretty snug against the hose so I'm going to try to make room but other than that idk what the problem is.

It's a stock 14b turbo and stock wg.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Re: Wastegate vacuum line keeps breaking?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 05:38:33 am »
Have u tried replacing the hose with a good silicone, or even new rubber replacement? I have "bent" the nipple on the wastegate diaphram to allow a little extra clearance to the intake pipe in some occurances.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline KevinBuckham

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:27:02 am »
I'm not very experienced with a factory 1G setup, but do you have all of your heat shields in place?  I have had even silicone lines crack apart in a very short time due to heat exposure.

Offline Robert Vorley

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 08:06:19 pm »
+1

Fuel type rubber hoses last, silicone suck but they do look pretty.
1997 Eagle Talon AWD,
461 awhp, 357 tq @ 28 psi on RG's "heart-breaker" Mustang Dyno

Offline Willem Kelly

• wewt turbo
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 09:38:35 am »
Have u tried replacing the hose with a good silicone, or even new rubber replacement? I have "bent" the nipple on the wastegate diaphram to allow a little extra clearance to the intake pipe in some occurances.

I bent the nipple a few days ago and so far so good thanks.

I'm not very experienced with a factory 1G setup, but do you have all of your heat shields in place?  I have had even silicone lines crack apart in a very short time due to heat exposure.

No I'm using the FP exh manifold and the stock heat shields didn't go back on so I haven't been using them... This is probably what it is but for some reason I thought silicone was great vs heat.

+1

Fuel type rubber hoses last, silicone suck but they do look pretty.

Yeah if it breaks again I may go back to a fuel hose at least until I get a heat shield.. I had one before but a lot of people say they collapse under pressure and I had some extra silicone hose lying around anyway so thought I'd try it out.

I'm thinking now the best resolution for this is probably putting a heat shield on there though since it's also been messing with my coolant temps.