Author Topic: 420a/a604 code pulling  (Read 689 times)

Offline Travis Koch

• Level Seven Finishing
420a/a604 code pulling
« on: January 01, 2016, 03:11:48 pm »
So my manual has a multimeter code pulling how to in it but apparently it only refers to a turbo version.  FML.   Apparently, the obd2 connector in this car ( 95 n/t talon BTW. ) doesn't even have a wire in the location indicated by the shop manual. 

So I tried all pin outs to try and get a pulse reading but nada!

This car goes from 1 -2 -limp and stays there.  No apparent codes and I don't think you can even manually pull trans codes on a 420a car. 

Anybody know for sure?  My reader is not advanced enough to pull Trans codes and I have swapped in two other tcu's..... they can't possibly all be bad..... although not ruling it out.

Anybody have a known functional tcu that I can plug in for testing?  Or a driving car that I can plug my unknowns into for the same reason?
Process of elimination  may help me out. 

Pisses me off that it is so difficult just to get codes sometimes!

I suppose the tranny may be hoped but not ripping it out until I get some solid info.  Looked all over on line and all I found was a bunch of incomplete and unresolved threads. 
Cheers for now.

Oh yah, almost forgot.  I am using a 97 shop manual so if you have the 95 manual let know... there just might be something different.  Also, this car also has another port directly behind the obd2 port.  Looks like obd1 but pin outs are a different configuration than my 1g.

Cheers guys.  Later.

Current projects:  1992 Laser RS AWD - daily summer
                           1995 Talon Tsi AWD - daily winter
                           1989 2000GTX FWD - not sure where this is going yet
                           1991 Talon Tsi AWD - soon to be organ donor

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Re: 420a/a604 code pulling
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 01:03:31 pm »
can u get it to Chilliwack?  my snap on verus (just bought one) should read trans codes from that 420a car. I could bring it home with  me tonight and bring it over to your place if your not busy tonight.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:06:42 pm by Brett Haviland »
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.