Author Topic: oil in the sparkplug hole problem..  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
oil in the sparkplug hole problem..
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2005, 10:20:32 pm »
Quote from: "Zak Mach"
thought id take the camsensor out to see if i could just clean it out & it was covered in oil.. cleaned all the oil out.. decided to clean out my upper ic pipes .. there was oil in the ic pipes too ... is this bad??

well everything looks ok for now.. problem seems to be gone, i hope!.. but with my luck.. ill prolly come back when i stall during rushhour or something...

Blow by comes from beating your car to much, take your heavy foot off the gas pedal ;)

But do what Hartman said, this way you are guarenteed not to get oil into your pipes.

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2005, 10:21:56 pm »
Quote from: "John Hartman"
You can put a filter in-line with the breather hose or disconnect it and put its own filter on it.

I recommend leaving the breather hose connected, but a filter in-line.   I also have a filter in-line with my monster PCV valve, but on the low pressure side (between the valve cover and the PCV valve).   Also, for some funny reason, oil is coming from my purge canister :shock: , so I have yet another filter inline with that.

The reason I have all my emissions still connected (except EGR blockoff), is that the plugs are much cleaner looking, and the exhaust doesn't stink so much........

Venting the crankcase to atmosphere shortens the life of (at least mine, anyway) spark plugs.......
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2005, 04:01:10 pm »
I second what Chris said.  I have ALL my emissions hooked up even my EGR.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Zak Mach

• http://www.imvasian.com
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2005, 05:02:01 pm »
all im having is problems with this car..

opened up my camshaft angle sensor today & i it was filled with oil.. cleaned it out & took the car for a rip.. everything seems fine now but when im driving the car.. as soon as the turbo kicks in ..i can hear the turbo spool up but the car feels like its pulling .. is there a possible boost leak somewhere?? or is my turbo/car fukd?

is this still safe to drive?? I need to get some time in a shop to get a complete engine lookover..

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2005, 08:44:06 pm »
Quote from: "Zak Mach"
I need to get some time in a shop to get a complete engine lookover..

Do it.
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8