Author Topic: oil in Camshaft Angle Sensor  (Read 374 times)

Offline Zak Mach

• http://www.imvasian.com
oil in Camshaft Angle Sensor
« on: May 13, 2005, 07:25:16 am »
ive been having problems with my cam sensor lately, the car wont start sometimes .. took off the cover for the Camshaft Angle Sensor today & found lots of oil in it.. is this normal?  when i clean the oil out the car would be ok for 2 or 3 days & the problem would come back..

could it be just the sensor part thats a problem? or something else?

2g turbo.. thanks

Offline Mike Meron

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 08:06:46 am »
the problem is all the video screens running make such a large electromagnetic field in the car that it makes the oil with heavy metal deposits accumulate in the area where it can escape IE your CAS, so if you turn off the screens then it will be fine.. I used to park my car near power poles and when i came back out there was a ton of oil on the ground and none in the engine, the easy fix was to sell the car. on and my car would ACCELERATE so fast that it would leave the oil behind as well.

Offline Zak Mach

• http://www.imvasian.com
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 07:53:50 pm »
Quote from: "Mike Meron"
the problem is all the video screens running make such a large electromagnetic field in the car that it makes the oil with heavy metal deposits accumulate in the area where it can escape IE your CAS, so if you turn off the screens then it will be fine.. I used to park my car near power poles and when i came back out there was a ton of oil on the ground and none in the engine, the easy fix was to sell the car. on and my car would ACCELERATE so fast that it would leave the oil behind as well.

thanks for the info mike.. ill hook up an extra oil pump for the 6 screens.. hopefully that will help. :laugh: