Author Topic: weird idling  (Read 458 times)

Offline Zak Mach

• http://www.imvasian.com
weird idling
« on: May 25, 2005, 10:18:06 pm »
lately my cars been idling funny when stopped.. sometimes it jumps up to 2000rpm sometimes rpm is so low it feels like its going to stall. Im pretty sure its has nothing to do with warm engine or cold.. its the the same weather the engine is cold or hot..

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
weird idling
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 03:36:55 pm »
If your car has an idle position switch,  I would test that first.
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8

Offline Milad Lari

weird idling
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 11:21:11 pm »
shit same thing was happening to my car man and i took it to L&R and it ended up being a wire that i had tapped into the o2 sensor in the o2 housing for my air fuel gauge and it fuked all my idling up and everything and as soon as we cut that wire off it was all back to normal...its weird but you could have the same problem
ELL: (604) 763-3312

FS: Tan Convertible Soft Top Cover, 2G Knock Sensor(brand new), Ractive Indiglo Blue Boost Gauge(brand new), 2G OEM Black Power Mirrors

Offline Ty Abear

weird idling
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 07:15:43 pm »
Quote from: "Milad Lari"
shit same thing was happening to my car man and i took it to L&R and it ended up being a wire that i had tapped into the o2 sensor in the o2 housing for my air fuel gauge and it fuked all my idling up and everything and as soon as we cut that wire off it was all back to normal...its weird but you could have the same problem

I dont wanna hear that, I just did that the other day.   :?
I think I just solved all my transmission problems tonight ....all it took was a fat chronic blunt"  -Girvin.

-- '91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (White) R.I.P.
-- '95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST (Green)

Offline kuldip gill

weird idling
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 10:15:34 pm »
I had the same thing happen a few years ago. At stop lights it would just die it was so bad. It ended up being the throttle control motor. It was gummed up with fuel deposits. Took it to Carter Dodge and they fixed it up good for $120. Not too bad considering I had no idea what was causing it as I troubleshooted everything else.