Author Topic: Which chrysler dealer should I go for transfer case recall?  (Read 980 times)

Offline Kevin Chan

Which chrysler dealer should I go for transfer case recall?
« on: September 19, 2005, 09:35:55 am »
I've been to both of them in Richmond

One of them charged me $200 while they did nothing (ABS light's on, they tell me at the end it's a problem with the ABS :shock: )

The other one got my deck stolen just RIGHT at the night before my car will be finished. Interesting part, the corvette convert with 19 inch superleggara 3 piece aren't even touched, just my car out of the entire lot! Such coincidence heh? :x

Therefore, I need help, I need a dealer that is actually GOOD to go. Mitsu checked that there's a T-case leak, but can't do recall on it since it's a Eagle.
o___0"
98 UZS160 hovering on air

Offline Miles Frederick

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 01:02:33 pm »
If there's a good Chrysler dealership, I haven't found it yet  :roll:

I brought it in to Coquitlam Chrysler with obvious spray pattern behind the case (altough the case was topped up a couple of days before) and they claimed it wasn't leaking.  Unfortunately you cannot talk to a mechanic only the guy at the front desk.

A few months later I had to change my clutch, so I managed to talk them into giving me the yoke so I could install it myself.  It wasn't easy, they argued that I had to bring the car in, but in the end I left with the new yoke, and I'm sure they claimed full labour for that from chrysler canada.

Damn, back when I first bought the car and knew nothing about it ~98 I brought it into deer lake chrysler as I was having lack of power issues (running rich due to boost leaks).  The mechanic hooked it up to his scan tool for about 10 minutes and drove it around the block with me all the while saying there's nothing wrong with it.  Total bill $300
91 TSI AWD
91 Laser NA

"A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag"

Ds-map / Jackal, highly recommended.  I've been running it for the last 3 - 4 years.  Amazing improvement in throttle response and overall power under part throttle conditions, and that was with the old maf still in place for 2 years.  Amazing tuning platform in my opinion, and best of all free.

Offline Artem Goloubov

• http://www.evoincanada.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 01:35:52 pm »
Quote from: "Miles Frederick"
The mechanic hooked it up to his scan tool for about 10 minutes and drove it around the block with me all the while saying there's nothing wrong with it.  Total bill $300

that's wrong :evil: Mechanics shops are good only for one thing Alignment, everything else can be done in house.

Offline Miles Frederick

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2005, 01:52:31 pm »
I was doing my own maintenance at the time, but new to dsm's and couldn't quite figure it out.  Unfortunately there wasn't the vast pool of info that there is now.  Just the vfaq and dsm.org archive (with crappy search).

Needless to say it has never seen a dealership since (except the above recall stuff)
91 TSI AWD
91 Laser NA

"A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag"

Ds-map / Jackal, highly recommended.  I've been running it for the last 3 - 4 years.  Amazing improvement in throttle response and overall power under part throttle conditions, and that was with the old maf still in place for 2 years.  Amazing tuning platform in my opinion, and best of all free.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 05:41:44 pm »
the local Chrysler is getting better for me, but that might be due to the fact that I am getting to know the parts and service dept over the years.  As well, I make my orders from work(GM Dealership) and show up in dirty mechanics clothes.  Less likely to tell me my flugelbearing is shot that way.  Not sure if they would be as good with the average guy off the street.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Brandon Boersma

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2005, 08:04:24 pm »
i went to the langley crysler to ger a new pcv valve and the guy was like ya its your pcv valave you know the dewhikky in it is gone i was like :shock:

Offline Matthew Giene

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2005, 04:44:02 pm »
Because it is a recall they have to have a paper trail.

I took both of mine to Coquitlam Chrysler.  The first one they did not problem and gave me a copy of the report.

The second one, they told me that it had been done.  being the kind of person I am, I asked for a copy of the paperwork.  When they printed it put, they found out that when it was "fixed" it was actually only looked at. So they fixed that one as well.

I can not say that I have had any reall issues with Coq Chry.  Maybe it is just me.
Matthew Giene
2001 Infiniti QX4 (I'm a BALLER Baby)
1996 4Runner Limited (RIP)
1991 TSi AWD (US Model) (RIP)
1991 TSi AWD (RIP)
1990 ESi (Sold a long time ago)

Offline Leon Hui

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2005, 02:17:38 am »
Coquitlam Chrysler is "lazy".  My xfer case was leaking with spray patterns, and because it was the recall was done (nothing replaced, just inspected), they say they can't do anything.

B.S.

It's actually a safety recall, so you should be able to get it fixed again, as is the replacement of the lower control arms.

Take it to Deer Lake Chrysler and have them hoist it up and show them the spray marks..
Got BoOsT?