Author Topic: Ticking noise  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Andrew Scott

Ticking noise
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 02:17:03 am »
AWD aside,

Not to turn this into another !NT->turbo thread, but do some searching on the subject. Engine swaps for these cars are NOT reccomended. They are NOT easy, nor inexpensive, nor cost effective. The best way to go is to keep your NT in awesome shape so you can turn a good buck when you sell it, and use that money, plus all the money you have saved to buy a turbo (and AWD) car.
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Kevin Klapwijk

• UndergroundTuner.com
Ticking noise
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 02:24:33 am »
One more important thing...

AWD VS FWD & Turbo vs NT, no choice is better than the other. It all depends what you want and what best serves you.

Each car has it's own differences, that may be good or bad to your preferences.

As far as doing swaps, if you hear from experienced people (over and over) that doing a particular swap isn't a good idea, you might want to reconsider going through with it.
1997 GSX Eclipse
1997 GS Eclipse

Cell: 778-889-4293

Aaron Hilgerdenaar

Ticking noise
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 11:35:39 pm »
Yea, you guys are right. Matt and i went to get the rear hatch struts from darryl the other day and he was sayin the same thing. I was lookin at some turbo cars and they arent that much more expensive at all. But to buy a used turbo car thats like 15 yrs old, i assume i would have a whole bunch of problems right off the bat. So that makes me hesitate a little.

All u turbo guys, how much do you spend on high octane gas for like 500 kms for instance? Also, in comparison how brutal is insurance on a stock turbo car, mine right now is like 160, i assume it would be a lot more with a turbo

One more newb question, does having AWD make for a lot more maintenance and things to go wrong? I know it doesnt way too much more in comparison to like a gs-t vs. a gsx but is it prone to breaking or costing lots of $$$??

Offline Nathan Tralenberg

Ticking noise
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 12:05:44 am »
To deal with all your questions. It depends on what problems a 15 yr old car will have, because some people abuse cars and some take very good care of them (buyer beware). In 500 k's....I dont think any turbo DSM lasts that long so if i could take a quess probably 80-100 bucks depending where you live. Dealing with insurance..I dont know your age but right now for me it's 206 a month and I drive a 95 talon tsi awd (not a huge money difference). Oh and awd tend to cost more due to more moving parts, this also depends on horsepower and the way the driver, drives the vehicle.
991 plymouth laser(sold)
1995 eagle talon tsi - Kinetic FMIC, Garrett 50 trim, 660, AFC2, evo manifold, 3" turbo back,greddy type-s BOV, KL water injection