Author Topic: Tic Tock  (Read 696 times)

Offline Aaron dusseault

Tic Tock
« on: November 17, 2005, 04:20:57 pm »
Has anyone ever rotated or clocked a turbo? I just got my FP Green and the compressor body points the wrong way.
 WHEELS OF RAGE
12.57 1/4 @ 110.28 mph
Mission Raceway

Offline Miles Frederick

Tic Tock
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 05:01:07 pm »
There should be a big snap ring holding on the compressor cover.  Take that off and the compressor cover should come off.  Just put it back on how you want it and perhaps put a little grease on the o-ring and reassemble.

That's how I did it for my 20g anyhow.
91 TSI AWD
91 Laser NA

"A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag"

Ds-map / Jackal, highly recommended.  I've been running it for the last 3 - 4 years.  Amazing improvement in throttle response and overall power under part throttle conditions, and that was with the old maf still in place for 2 years.  Amazing tuning platform in my opinion, and best of all free.

Offline Kimyee Lai

Tic Tock
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 05:33:51 pm »
It depends on the compressor cover.  Most have a pin that locates the compressor housing a certain way.  Ofcourse, that's assuming you don't have the additional complications posed by an internal wastegate actuator mount.  

Best bet, get out your snap ring pliers and open er up.  Then if you want it done right, get a new hole put in for the pin at the correct location at a machine shop.  If there's no pin, you should be good to go.