Author Topic: Kinetic fmic/waterpipe  (Read 853 times)

Offline Aaron dusseault

Kinetic fmic/waterpipe
« on: September 03, 2007, 05:00:07 pm »
Hey guy's I have been trying recently to get my car ready for a kinetic fmic and a new turbo. Does any one have the dimensions from outer edge to outer edge? I have cut my structre as you can see and just want to have it ready for when it arrives. I phoned Kinetic and never got a call back :(
I am instaling an FP Green turbo and need to dent the water pipe . Have you guy's had good success with this?

Also the lower water pipe , the one that go's under the turbo seems like it wont line up  :( has anyone had the same problem?

Thanks Aaron[/img]
 WHEELS OF RAGE
12.57 1/4 @ 110.28 mph
Mission Raceway

Offline Ryan Lore

Kinetic fmic/waterpipe
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 10:33:14 pm »
You need to cut more. Basically cut right up to the edge of the bumper shock mounting bracket (4 bolt rectangle). You may need to cut more,  but you should be pretty close with that.

As for denting the waterpipe beat the crap out of it with a ballpeen hammer. Hold the turbo up and mark out the spot you really don't need to squash it that much.

Offline Aaron dusseault

fmic
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 11:06:14 pm »
Thank's so much Ryan. Kevin Buckham and I have been working away at it ripping out the old electronics to make way for my AEM. As well as me cutting up the bumper for the fmic. The reason I am keeping some structue is I figure it will help hold the skin in place as well as give it some form to mount against?
 WHEELS OF RAGE
12.57 1/4 @ 110.28 mph
Mission Raceway

Offline KevinBuckham

Kinetic fmic/waterpipe
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 11:48:51 pm »
Quote from: "Ryan Lore"
As for denting the waterpipe beat the crap out of it with a ballpeen hammer. Hold the turbo up and mark out the spot you really don't need to squash it that much.

Did that last night. :)  Now to clock that turbo...

Offline Ryan Lore

Kinetic fmic/waterpipe
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 12:14:34 am »
Keeping those corner sections does really well for maintaining bumper skin shape. There should even be a few M6 holes left for you to actually bolt the the skin to.