Author Topic: Grouning and oil leak  (Read 411 times)

Offline Josh Letkeman

• WANNA GO FASTER!!!
Grouning and oil leak
« on: September 22, 2007, 09:44:55 am »
Ok got to things one whats the best way to find a shot or a ground it the system? Two what is the best way to find an oil leak?  PLease help i really don't know what i'm doing on these cars yet.
Josh
1991 Talon AWD TSI- HKS intake, upper front strut bar,  16G turbo, upgraded fuel pump (i think), UICP (HKS), and Koni yellow adjustable skocks.- Silvery gold...ish.  (totaled dead :()

Offline Fraser Cassells

• Ass-engined Nazi-mobile owner, cause i'm too good for DSM's now
Grouning and oil leak
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 01:01:22 pm »
Electrical shorts that do not blow fuses can be tricky, but not super hard..

http://www.inliners.org/tech/tech6.html  .. is a good link .

As far as oil leaks go, clean up the block with a good shampoo and look for leaks after its clean.
1990 AWD Talon, Cumulative 432WHP parts depository...soldinated!
2008 911 Turbo
2014 Audi S4
2011 Ducati Hypermotard

Offline John Hartman

Grouning and oil leak
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 09:42:34 pm »
great link Fraser, thats goin in the support thread.

Josh, you can also get a dye that shows up under a flourescent light(comes in a kit) so you put the dye in the oil and then when it leaks you can follow the trace with the light.

Of course you should clean it up real nice like Fraser said, makes it easier to find and also way nicer to work on.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods