Author Topic: Where to vent fuel vapor  (Read 715 times)

Offline Aaron dusseault

Where to vent fuel vapor
« on: October 09, 2007, 10:41:00 pm »
Well I recently ripped out all of my emmisions stuff. I am curious what you guy's did for dumping your fumes once the charcoal canister was removed?
 WHEELS OF RAGE
12.57 1/4 @ 110.28 mph
Mission Raceway

Offline Aaron dusseault

Where to vent fuel vapor
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 08:31:40 pm »
Gotta tell ya . I ask questions so hopefully I can get some feedback :( I know some of you have dealt with this at some point? Especially some of the hardcores trying to clean up their engine bay's.
Come on boy's.
 WHEELS OF RAGE
12.57 1/4 @ 110.28 mph
Mission Raceway

Offline John Hartman

Where to vent fuel vapor
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 09:46:28 pm »
the carbon canister will not do anything to make your car faster or run better.  It is there so that when the fuel tank expands and contracts due to heat and cold, the pressure and vacuum have somewhere to go.  It also is a way to keep the raw gas vapours from going out into the world and polluting.  Also raw fuel vapour can cause a fire.

The canister is way down below the battery and there are only a very few vacuum lines out in sight.

I'd just put it back togeather.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods