Author Topic: Headlights flash for 2 1/2 mins when i open the door  (Read 517 times)

Offline Drew Sale

Headlights flash for 2 1/2 mins when i open the door
« on: October 10, 2007, 08:51:11 pm »
when i come to a stop and turn my engine off then open the door my headlights start to flash. the engine is still running cuz of the turbo timer but even after it shuts off, the lights still flash. the first time it happened today i sourced the ticking noise to a relay just above my left foot. the part number is MR122409. i called Lordco to get them to order my a new one and with my cost it came to just over $20. i looked up the part number online and it says it's a relay+a.c. control. even after i took the relay out the lights still flash. i remember reading someone on here was the parts guy at Van Mitsu but don't remember who it was. if whoever it is could pls pm me and see if there's any stock on part number MR122409 i'd be very greatfull
any help would be much appreciated
Cheers
~Drew
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 09:43:31 pm »
Do you have an aftermarket alarm?  Or even the stock alarm?

See, the lights flashing when opening a door with the engine off are all events that would be indicitive of an alarm going off, but yours is doing it at an inapropriate time.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Drew Sale

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 09:34:19 am »
aye i have some crappy Clifford alarm until sunday (mmmm Compustar Pro on the way)

but thats what i was think because of the pattern of flashing, it looked like my alarm was going off but with no chirp. and it went on for 2.5 mins which is about what an alarm would go on for i think. i might just rip it out until i get my sexy alarm put in.

btw if anyone wants the Compustar Pro (www.compustar.com) i can pick em up for $350.xx after tax which i believe retails for over $500. imo it's the best alarm on the market. check out the features and lemme know if anyone wants one
I dont care what anyone says about my car. It only had 1 error code.