Author Topic: A\N fitting's from hell  (Read 830 times)

Offline Aaron dusseault

A\N fitting's from hell
« on: October 10, 2007, 11:08:00 pm »
Well today I recieved an upper fuel filter to rail stainless line complete with a\n fittings from Slowboy racing. I was excited till I tried instaling the fittings to the line. The ends are not frayed and I have a little bit of tape over them. I can get the female end  on , but when I try threading on the male end, off she comes. :cry:
 WHEELS OF RAGE
12.57 1/4 @ 110.28 mph
Mission Raceway

Offline Mike Schmid

A\N fitting's from hell
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:29:58 am »
I cut mine with tape, pulled the tape carefully and pushed the nut onto the hose.  Then I clamped the nut gently in the vise, use some kind of padding, like wood blocks so you don't scratch it all up.  Then just grease the fitting a little and stick it in there.  I used a little white grease you don't need much.  Make sure you hold the hose with one hand while pushing the fitting in with the other or the hose can get pushed out of the nut.  Then thread in as far as you can by hand and put a wrench on it.  if I ever do it again I'll spring for the aluminum wrenches, regular ones, even real clean and used gingerly will scratch the fittings.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Ryan Lore

A\N fitting's from hell
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 07:07:23 pm »
clamp the nut in a soft jawed vise or at least use a rag to protect it.
Thread the hose into the nut until it bottoms out completely. The inside of the nut is reverse threaded and will grab the hose.

Leave the nut in the vise and then thread in the male piece. Lube it with engine oil. It'll go together like butta.

Offline Scott Girvin

A\N fitting's from hell
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 08:54:12 am »
I always stick it in dry......

Offline Aaron dusseault

A\N fitting's from hell
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 09:50:57 pm »
Gott  her done boy's  :D Thank's
 WHEELS OF RAGE
12.57 1/4 @ 110.28 mph
Mission Raceway