Author Topic: Drivers side window install?  (Read 391 times)

Aaron Franzen

Drivers side window install?
« on: January 05, 2004, 03:23:14 pm »
How easy is it to install the drivers side window in a 1992 talon.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 06:02:49 pm »
well, if you take the door panel off, and can see weather the window is held on by screws or rivets, that is when you will know if its hard or not.

Screws it should be pretty basic, but with rivets you have to drill em out, grind off the remaining part and then re rivet them in later.

I used to work at a wrecking yard and when we had to take out riveted in windows it was a bitch and thats with the door off  and not worrying about anything else but the window.

hope someone else can help you more, its cold out and you are far away...
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 06:23:22 pm »
The window is held on at the bottom of the glass by 2 fasteners, I'm pretty sure they're screws but I when my window broke I had someone else do the swap.  Just undo them, and the glass should come up and out, if not you might need to take some weather strip off.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Eric McIntyre

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 11:38:54 pm »
ya its just 2 fasteners........ pretty easy.......you hafta wind the window almost all the way down and you will see them.
then you hafta sorta wiggle the window out of thw weather stripping.....be careful but dont be a baby.....windows are pretty strong..... :wink:
1 laser rs....sold
the only way it was doin 12's in a quarter mile was being dropped off a 1320 foot  cliff
.....stupid university costing so much

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 12:25:33 am »
Yeah, tempered windows will take alot of abuse as long as you don't hit them with anything sharp and hard on the edge.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*