Author Topic: 2.5" downpipe install  (Read 315 times)

Offline Zak Mach

• http://www.imvasian.com
2.5" downpipe install
« on: March 26, 2004, 01:02:33 pm »
ive had this downpipe sitting in my room for over 2 years.. i think its time to install it..  will it make a difference  on my car??? currently have stock piping from front to back. stock turbo, is it worth the work??

is it hard to install??? seems kinda easy, just unbolt the stock one & bolt on the new one.. is there more to it??? i already have a box full of bolts & screws from my car that i dont know where the hell they go.. dont need anymore

Offline Andrew Scott

2.5" downpipe install
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 02:08:03 pm »
the difficulty of the install depends on how the back end of it is flanged. If you want to hook it up to your stock cat, it will have to have the same flange on both ends.

On the other hand, there isn't much point in installing it, as you usually work from back to front when doing exhaust
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT