Author Topic: Inter-changeable front seats?  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Ryan Slater

Inter-changeable front seats?
« on: April 20, 2006, 02:13:25 pm »
Has anyone ever tried this? My driver side seat doesn't click in when i want it in a higher position as it declines so far back, so i want to switch the front seats. I know that the levers will be on the inside of the console now, but i think i would still be able to get my hands in thier if i needed to recline them etc. Has anyone ever done this....i know its a wierd question, but i thought i'd ask before i spent an hour switching them.
92 TSI AWD-

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 02:28:11 pm »
All 1G seats (and seat rails) are interchangeable.  
I currently have cloth TSi seats in my NT and have (in the past) had NT seats in my TSi.
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Wayne Wright

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 02:31:10 pm »
I think what he's asking is about swapping the driver and passenger seats.

I think the adjsutment handles/edge of the seat might interfere with the center console thing between the seats and the seat belt buckle.

I doubt anyone's tried this before, you might just have to try it yourself and see, they're fairly easy to take out.

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 02:37:35 pm »
Oh, my bad.

I tried this once, they didn't line up properly and the seat itself felt QUITE uncomfortable.  I believe the limitation was the rails and their configuration per side.  You may be able to pull the rails and swap them on the seats, thereby allowing you to move your pass seat to the drivers side - but that's just a theory.

Good luck!
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Artem Goloubov

• http://www.evoincanada.com/
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 02:43:52 pm »
I want TSI seats, NT seats suck :(

Offline Ryan Slater

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 05:34:49 pm »
Thanks for the responses...i might try changing the rails as a whole...and if not, ill look into finding a used seat or an aftermarket one.

Thanks everyone!
92 TSI AWD-

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 05:36:32 pm »
let us know how it goes.

and if it turns out to be that simple, that would be great because you could put in a nice passenger seat into your drivers side, as they are usually dead.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Ryan Slater

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 07:34:18 pm »
Ok its impossible. Atleast from what i tried. First off, you can't alternate the seatbelt clip from each seat to the other side. At first i thought it was connected to the console, but its rather hooked up to the inside of the chair. Now because their is no way to swap the the rails because the seatbelt clips wont lined up i tried seeing if i could take the reclining part of the chair and swap those, however, that as well wont work due to the differences in clips. I sat and stared at why my damn recliner wont click but i cant figure it out, so now im looking for a 1g stock drivers seat as im fed up looking like im gangster thugging my way around town.
92 TSI AWD-