Author Topic: 1g foglights  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Graeme H Burvill

1g foglights
« on: December 12, 2006, 02:51:51 pm »
anyone ever had thier foglights stop working and it not be the fuse, or bulbs?
Mine stopped working suddenly, i believe it was the result from hooking up my stereo system ghetto styles.
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline John Hartman

1g foglights
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 06:46:51 pm »
if the fuse is good for sure, and the bulbs have actually been checked(put power to them and they light up, no guessing), then I'd say check the relay.

Do they work if you push the switch down, but the switch doesn't stay down?  Or they don't work at all?

For the stereo part, what makes you think thats the culprit?  What did you do to the fog light circuit that would make it not work?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Graeme H Burvill

1g foglights
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 07:41:10 pm »
When I put the stereo in i blew a bunch of fuses (2 actually) and i replaced them. This was when the problem started. I know its something stupidly simple but wiring and electrics isnt my fortee. However i checked the foglight system and everything seems fine, not sure where im losing the power.

Offline Graeme H Burvill

1g foglights
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 10:41:34 am »
Hey john Im pretty sure i narrowed it down to the relay, i cant think of what else it would be, can you believe lordco wants around 50 bucks for a dang relay!

anyways thanks for the help man. cheers!

Offline John Hartman

1g foglights
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 10:52:19 am »
go to a wrecker and pull a bunch of them from other cars that look the same.

Hell, to be sure, swap another relay of the same kind from your own car.  There are 2 or 3 in that relay box.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Eric Ringrose

1g foglights
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 03:00:08 pm »
Quote from: "Graeme H Burvill"
Hey john Im pretty sure i narrowed it down to the relay, i cant think of what else it would be, can you believe lordco wants around 50 bucks for a dang relay!

anyways thanks for the help man. cheers!

after john was done with my laser but before it went to the wreckers, stacy pulled all the fuses/relays out, so I bet we have what you're looking for at the garage

Offline Graeme H Burvill

1g foglights
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 03:14:48 pm »
yea i have no idea whats wrong, the bulbs are like brand new, the relay works fine, i remember testing the fuses a while back at jerrs and they were fine. i dunno my test light isnt working so i cant check the fuse right now, im sure it works tho.

Offline Ryland Morris

1g foglights
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 06:13:43 pm »
i had kinda a diff prob. i have foglights, ive tested them and they work.  but they dont come on.  i tired traving the wires back to see where they went but lost them under the dash.  i tired all the light switches i had, but none of them turned the lights on.  wut switch is supposed to do it?
989 honda accord LX (but standard and sunroof, kinda unique but great for summer)
1991 Plymouth Laser (finally resting in fitful peace, i hope)

Offline John Hartman

1g foglights
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 09:21:50 pm »
Graeme, you can make a test light with 2 pieces of wire, a light bulb and some tape.

Ry, there is a switch on the left side of the dash cluster above the dimmer switch, near the head light door switch.

Offline Graeme H Burvill

1g foglights
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 11:22:21 am »
Yah I dunno what it is i know the fuses are good, relay is good, bulbs are good, maybe the switch is broken or somehting. I dunno, i've spent too much time thinkin about this already, for a car that sits in a garage.