Author Topic: making a awd dsm rear wheel drive  (Read 1882 times)

Offline AllanPearson

making a awd dsm rear wheel drive
« on: August 14, 2007, 02:46:55 pm »
so i was just wondering if any one has tried  to do this  and if someone was going to do it  how would they go about it . i think it would be pretty killer to  have an rear wheel drive talon

any info  on it would be killer
tsi awd  2.5 turbo back   hard uicp w/greedy type S bov  rebuilt head port and polished first over size stainless steel valves special colt cams, cam gears, cobalt boost, oil, and wide band gauges. apexi neo.

Offline Matt Demick

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 03:44:10 pm »
click search and type rwd dsm. many threads come up where this is talked to death. also some vids of ppl doing it. I know the proper way of doing it but will not encourage it
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Graeme H Burvill

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 04:31:46 pm »
yea there's no real point unless you like burning tires, and want to lower the cars performance, in which case you may be better off with a mustang or something.
Talon TSI-Champagne...She must live again...

Offline Ken Sampson

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 09:24:48 pm »
https://secure.buschurracing.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_98

there ya go its buschur racing's rwd conversion kit
theres probly alot more on it but thats a good one i know of.
have fun if you do it

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 07:12:53 am »
why is it the reason you want rear wheel drive?

is it  for drifting ?
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline AllanPearson

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 09:26:21 pm »
i dont really know i was just curious . me and a buddy  where talking about it and i just might be an interesting idea . but  you never see  a talon in a drift comp. think its time we dsmers take over that  section  too
tsi awd  2.5 turbo back   hard uicp w/greedy type S bov  rebuilt head port and polished first over size stainless steel valves special colt cams, cam gears, cobalt boost, oil, and wide band gauges. apexi neo.

Offline Reggie Gergely

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2007, 08:58:28 am »
actually ive seen a few dsms drifting on nopi tuner vision. It took me by surprise at first, just looked funny seeing a dsm drifting around corners  :)
2008 Toyota Tacoma - Black TRD Sport Package
MiDnItE xPrEsS~ 98 TSI AWD - Aftermarket Eclipse conversion, dropped, Compustar alarm (parked)
2001 R6 - Black with chrome decals (sold)

Offline Matt Demick

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2007, 04:55:37 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCNuHNVvN3U

just to tease ya. but this guy just took out his front axels and welded in frost plugs lol
0' Eagle Talon TSI AWD, JDM 4G63 6/4 Bolt,DSM LINK, X-treme FMIC, 16G/20G Hybrid, Tial BOV, MBC @22psi, 255 Walbro, GM Maf, 680 injectors, WEB 264 Cams, SS Header, 2.5" TurboBack with O2 Elliminator, Tail 38mm External Waste Gate, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 2600 race clutch, and Fidanza Race Shifter

Offline Eric Garside

• http://www.myspace.com/erics_myspace
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 09:22:19 pm »
Ive seen an adapter on ebay that allows you to bolt a 5spd toyota transmission (cant remember which one) to a 4g63 but I dont even want to imagine the cost and time that would go into fabrication...

That "youtube" video is awesome!
ntake
s16g
2g manifold
full 3" exhaust
evo 560cc
S-AFC
SLS cold pipe
greddy turbo timer
more to come....

Offline Matt Demick

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 10:21:08 pm »
there are some dodge transmissions that will bolt right up. I'm not gonna tell u wich ones though lol save u a headache of even thinkin of doing the swap

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2007, 01:23:55 pm »
yeah i was thinkin about that, When my center diff went she was RWD and that was insane i couldnt get traction i go to pull out and turn left at a light cars are commin so i gave it gas like id normaly do..she starts slippin out so i let off. Then another time goin around a cornner had to get in the other lane totally forgot gave it gas and put it sideways soon as that boost kicks in your fucked!

Its all up to you

Offline Rob Armstrong

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2007, 04:35:05 pm »
So not only were you were driving your car when everyone here told you it was not good to drive it in that condition. You were still ripping on it because you "forgot" it was completely fucked up?

Sorry' just trying to figure this out  :?

Jamie Oswald

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 05:33:08 pm »
no the day it went , clunk bang i was like ahh fuck whats that so then i had to drive it home and had fun there...Who cares its fixed now thx for shittin rob!! you seem to be the best at that

Oh and even tho it was fuckeed i still drove it !  Thx rob !