Author Topic: cant get into third gear!!!  (Read 939 times)

Offline AllanPearson

cant get into third gear!!!
« on: December 22, 2007, 04:08:13 pm »
so i let my 1gb awd talon sit for a couple months . before shifting was a dream never  had any problems. but now that i have it back on the road  about 5 minutes of light driving i go to put the car into third gear, and the shifter physicaly will not go into the third gear slot ...  now im am so confused about this. what the hell happend , how can i fix it . has this happend to anyone?
tsi awd  2.5 turbo back   hard uicp w/greedy type S bov  rebuilt head port and polished first over size stainless steel valves special colt cams, cam gears, cobalt boost, oil, and wide band gauges. apexi neo.

Offline John Hartman

Re: cant get into third gear!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 10:01:53 pm »
I would pull the shifter boot and knob off and check the shifter base bushings.  They are rubber and crappy at best.  Pull them out and just bolt the shifter to the floor of the car.

Also when you are in there, adjust the shifter cables according to the write-up in the VFAQ.

You can also check the rubber bushings in the other ends of the cables, where it attaches to the levers on the transmission under the hood.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 08:44:29 pm »
so, I guess since there has bee no progress on this, I should ask?

Hows the Allan Pearson Project?

:D
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline AllanPearson

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 06:27:55 pm »
I'm just waiting on some money right now would love to rebuild both  engine and granny but I just moved out and I leave for Aussie land in march
tsi awd  2.5 turbo back   hard uicp w/greedy type S bov  rebuilt head port and polished first over size stainless steel valves special colt cams, cam gears, cobalt boost, oil, and wide band gauges. apexi neo.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 06:42:28 pm »
whats wrong with your granny?  Needs a hip?  Go with stainless, I hear it holds up better...

:D

sorry

Offline AllanPearson

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 05:02:56 pm »
sorry about the spelling I no longer have a comp only a I pod touch the keys on it are touchy.  I want to do so much to the talon. But I can't fit her in my life right now. Pretty sad oh well