Author Topic: wondering if there are pre made carbon fiber eye lids for the 1g talons?  (Read 1671 times)

Offline AllanPearson

i just got a carbon fiber hood and it looks sick but at the same time ,its missing the eye lids for the lights that would make it complete. now i was wondering if i have to make them myself or if someone knows someone who makes them?
tsi awd  2.5 turbo back   hard uicp w/greedy type S bov  rebuilt head port and polished first over size stainless steel valves special colt cams, cam gears, cobalt boost, oil, and wide band gauges. apexi neo.

Offline Shane Sawatzki

have not seen them...sure u could get them made ...would cost alot...or just buy some of that carbon fiber wrap and wrap them yourselfs so they "look" carbon fibre....enough to match the hood right?
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Matt Mann

have not seen them...sure u could get them made ...would cost alot...or just buy some of that carbon fiber wrap and wrap them yourselfs so they "look" carbon fibre....enough to match the hood right?

That would look pretty killer...
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline AllanPearson

i could i guess but i dont really want to go cheap on it , i think ill just make my own and if i screw it up then ill buy the rap, i really thought someone would make them  oh well thanks guys
tsi awd  2.5 turbo back   hard uicp w/greedy type S bov  rebuilt head port and polished first over size stainless steel valves special colt cams, cam gears, cobalt boost, oil, and wide band gauges. apexi neo.

Offline Matt Mann

Make sure you post a pic of them, It could be motivation for some who to do that.
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline Shane Sawatzki

Make sure you post a pic of them, It could be motivation for some who to do that.

Id do it....if and when i get a carbon hood
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Zach Holt

yea you can make em easy enough i've been thinking about it for a wile but havent botherd take 1gb head lights trim the face add the plate cut some plexi glassand. This is replacing the flip light only. keep your 1ga head light/side light/turn signal on the front end.

then trim and match to hood and frotn head light cover.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline Shane Sawatzki

yea you can make em easy enough i've been thinking about it for a wile but havent botherd take 1gb head lights trim the face add the plate cut some plexi glassand. This is replacing the flip light only. keep your 1ga head light/side light/turn signal on the front end.

then trim and match to hood and frotn head light cover.

huh....lol..I think he means to keep the stock 1ga set up...when u get a carbon hood....ur flip up headlights are still the colour of your car...in my case, i could have a carbon hood...but my headlight would still be champange. they unbolt super easy, 4 bolts on each corner and the headlight "cover" comes off and exposes the headlight basket. this wrapping those little sqaure painted pieces of metal wouldnt be too hard... BUT ZACH!

I love your idea to eliminate pop ups...if thats what ur going for in your post...kinda what it sounds like...make those painted covers clear....and mount 1gb headlight in behind??? or something like that...
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Zach Holt

shane your a f#$%^#$% retard read what i posted again. you use the f#$%#$ 1gb housing! with plexi over it get rid of the whole fliplight "who needs a fucking flip light actuater when the light dosent flip anymore!" and just run plexi to match the fliplight over. shit it would be off the are that that point!
Then google.
Then ask.

Offline John Hartman

Shane, Zach, both of you refrain in the future from speaking to each other or anyone else like this please.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Shane Sawatzki

Shane, Zach, both of you refrain in the future from speaking to each other or anyone else like this please.

what did i do? lol
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline John Hartman

Sorry, I misread, it looked at first like your all caps part was yelling.  Upon re reading it looked like you were just exited about a good idea.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Shane Sawatzki

Sorry, I misread, it looked at first like your all caps part was yelling.  Upon re reading it looked like you were just exited about a good idea.

that i am:D lol
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Zach Holt

I only restated the easyest way to do it

then trim and match to hood and front head light cover.

I have the lights if you want em 15 bucks.

I wanted to make it look like my car winked only have one 1gb head light becouse it would be a very simple valosity stack aria by keeping the 1ga hood style on that side. but I wouldnt pass a VI if my life depended on it.
Then google.
Then ask.