Author Topic: Drifter body kit. HELP PLS  (Read 13121 times)

Offline Shane Sawatzki

Re: Drifter body kit. HELP PLS
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 11:04:22 pm »
they all look ackward and like space shuttles...lol

NOTHING tops a clean 1g thats lowered properly with a good set of wheels on it.

If you have a 1g with a kit you better have the power to make up for its ackward looks. other wise just buy a civic, throw some altezza tailights on it, a wing, a body kit and a 7 inch tipped fart can and your good to go  :D

EDIT: note how the last white 1g with a kid you posted, look at the cars it is parked beside ::)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 11:06:03 pm by Shane Sawatzki »
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Vanessa Brake

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 12:19:16 am »
The 1G's do have a nice look to them lowered with nice wheels
But how often do you really see any car with a full kit let alone a 1G Talon
Body kits give it a uniqueness. Pretty much always look good ;)

Offline Josh Royle

• 6 Bolt Swap
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 06:24:46 am »
I agree with Cam, 1g's don't need a body kit. 

lol so tru

and 8 out of 10 people wont like body kits...
1998 GST
Built 6 Bolt Swap/ 3" Turbo Back /Blitz BOV/Apexi SAFC/AutoMeter Cobalt Boost.Oil Prs. AF Gauge/MBC/Hard Intake pipe/Skunk 2/ HID 10K/ FMIC

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 09:07:08 am »
Cosmetic or power.......which is better?
spending 1000+ on plastic to weigh it down, or buying a nice turbo and some other goodies...... need I say more
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 09:16:17 am »
Let me explain something about Duncan and "tuning"

Sadly the guys that live in Duncan along with the rest of the Honduh crew which have spent tons and tons of money on their bodies

I.E:

Yes, that is a Duncan car and it goes nowhere fast but everywhere slow.

Along with other Duncan-ites, body-kit fever; other known as rice-fever is just another air born disease acquirable in Duncan if you don't wear one of these:

These masks should protect you from any rice splatter while driving in or through Duncan. Available through me for $9.99+S/H

Anyway enough of that..

Jon show some pics of the car before it gets painted or I'll be forced to drive to you house with Jas just to do that
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:55:44 am by Maurits Vos »
"you just need to drive a well setup DSM. In all fairness, a well setup DSM probably drives like a stock E30, ha ha."

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 09:31:16 am »

Along with other Duncan-ites, body-kit fever; other known as rice-fever is just another air born disease acquirable in Duncan if you don't wear one of these:

These masks show protect you from any rice splatter while driving in or through Duncan. Available through me for $9.99+S/H

This is Definitely a recommended purchase if you are planning on driving through Duncan, I put mine on every time i head into town.

And on a second note,  would you add cloths to a hot woman? if the answer is no, then why your car?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 09:57:04 am by Richard Clark »

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 10:53:13 am »
I agree with matt, why spend shit loads of money to make your car look like a fast and furious special when you could spend money to make it fast for real! I hate cars that are all show no go
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 12:19:36 pm »
Actually, I disagree.
As far as dumping money on anything for cars, it's all a waste of money if you really want to hear the truth.

I always see "$xxx.xx invested" in car ads. Really?
Cars are not investments...they are liabilities. So whatever you choose to dump the money in, it doesn't really matter unless it's a super rare old school something or other, or a supercar.
To be quite honest, if you are gonna throw $1000 at something to make it faster, you've already spent that much on making it fast...it may as well look good so spend another grand on it.

When I first got my car...I was all about performance; about a year later, I got laid off from my job. I was in school for 3 years driving on fumes half the time...I would take it to L&R and ask Lowell to hook me up with a good deal just to keep it alive. Afterwards, I was tired of fucking around with waiting on the side of the road for flatbeds and being late for work. Face it, when you performance mod a car, you better have another one for back up because wear and tear goes way up...as does the tendency for other shit to go wrong with it.

Over the years, I bought cosmetics for it here and there to make look newer and more modern.
My full intentions are still to one day turn it into a 600+hp monster...but until that day, I'll do everything else to it but that. It's not gonna be something that happens over night either. It'll be parked in my garage for years...with me putting a couple grand to it every year or so. And one day when I'm old, it'll be finished.

Basically what I'm saying is that just because someone puts a kit and spoiler on a car, doesn't mean he should be shot down for that because no one else thinks it looks cool. Maybe he will back it with power, maybe he won't. Either way, you shouldn't really criticize unless you know that person's situation.

Sorry for thread jackin'
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline David Dizon

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 12:29:01 pm »

Basically what I'm saying is that just because someone puts a kit and spoiler on a car, doesn't mean he should be shot down for that because no one else thinks it looks cool. Maybe he will back it with power, maybe he won't. Either way, you shouldn't really criticize unless you know that person's situation.

Sorry for thread jackin'

I think your cars cool  :-*
1993 Eagle Talon TSI AWD 20g turbo
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 12:36:12 pm »

Sorry for thread jackin'

Alright well if we are going that way.....its fine to dump money into a car that you are using for legal racing, but most of this fast and furious cars are for show, make a statement, be unique, blah blah blah...granted I will respect anyone who can back up what they have by taking it to the track and using for racing.. autocross, dragging are not bodykit friendly. Here on the island most of them are show piece and not breed for racing.  :)

I agree with you on the cars being a liability for sure they will never gain in value no matter what. They are indeed a bad investment usually a negative ROI or if you are lucky an at par when they are sold
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)

Offline Ryan Singh

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 12:49:03 pm »
I think your cars cool  :-*

The feeling is mutual buddy!  ;D
2001 Altezza RS200
1996 TSi AWD - In hibernation

Offline Maurits Vos

• AWD is AwD...
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 01:28:58 pm »
Alright as much as I'll make fun of other cars, it's really my personal opinion about that car.

If the guy/gal likes it like that, so be it then. I like my car the way it is and I couldn't care less what anybody else has to say about it.

I'll make fun for a laugh or two then call it a day.. Something like this goes too far. People start getting offended and super defensive.
Should someone ask what you think - Like Jon when he changed the thread - about the looks of a car, you're opening yourself up to the criticism, whether it's good or bad. If you're going to get all hot and huffy about it, don't ask.

PERSONALLY I think it's a waste of money to spend 10gs on the body and have nothing done to the engine, but that's just how I see things. Other people see it as a waste of money to dump 10gs into the engine - because really where can you take full advantage of a 600+HP car? We don't have a 1/4 mile track on the island. Point it.. I agree with a bit of what Ryan and Matt have to say. Your car should be cool enough for you because it's your car.

Fuck if it's like that.. All cars should be black 1Gbs.. with gun-metal gray rims and lowered..  :P
"you just need to drive a well setup DSM. In all fairness, a well setup DSM probably drives like a stock E30, ha ha."

Offline jon javier

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 01:55:23 pm »
8 out of 10 people on this site wont like a body kit i donno why? they like simple boring cars? might as well buy a old nissan sentra or toyota tercel HAHAHHAH
sil80 sr20det (sold)
240sx drift car (sold)
silvia ca18det (sold)
1jz soarer (sold)
lexus sc400 v8 (sold)
b16 civic (sold)
sil80 dd (sold)
300zx tt highway monster (sold)
f150 12" lift 4x4 (sold)
dodge ram winter truck (daily driver)
talon tsi (daily driver)
09 Ram (DD)
02 Silverado (DD)

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 03:40:53 pm »
8 out of 10 people on this site wont like a body kit i donno why? they like simple boring cars? might as well buy a old nissan sentra or toyota tercel HAHAHHAH

Because then your car turns into a rice bucket.
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Matt Mann

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 03:45:24 pm »
Fuck if it's like that.. All cars should be black 1Gbs.. with gun-metal gray rims and lowered..  :P

Yuck! lol j/k

I'm lovin it
1993 Black NT (RIP)
1990 Champayne TSI FWD
1995 Black NT (SOLD)