Author Topic: noobie question ..  (Read 4255 times)

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
Re: noobie question ..
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2010, 09:01:42 pm »
lol no worries .. ill find one thats for my car .. :D

So  i jsut drove my car and its only the boot that is busted the car is driving fine ! so hope it will all me ok tomorow .
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2010, 10:00:11 pm »
boost is busted?

We can have a look at it on some of the stops tomorrow.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 11:39:22 pm »
you will be fine constantine... we arn't going up any super dusty or gravely roads.

I have driven on ripped open boots for years.. and never had a problem.  They will usually let you know FAR in advance when they are starting to go bad by "click,click,click,click" around sharp slow turns...  You should be fine. 

Definalty something you will want to take care of in the near future tho, but it should be fine for tomorrows meet.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2010, 05:57:49 pm »
everythign went well thanks to the force !! yoda was with us !! lol

but now i have a fuel trim issue as we came home on #1 hwy i pluged the  code reader in and  check the live feed .. and as i was flooring it  one of the fule trim system was acting up wich was causing my stalls when gearing down up hill ..  i could barrely maintain 3500 rpm on the way home and when i try to floor it it was  like i was runing out of gas u  know a bad choke .. ill take the fuel pum out and chek it out .

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2010, 08:20:22 pm »
you dont see the pumps in these cars fail very often....esspecially the stockers.

I would look for boost leaks and such before you take your pump out.  it ran fine.. then you installed some parts... and it ran bad... something you did probably is causing the issue.  

and considering the problem almost made me and lori rear end each other and you.... GET IT FIXED! ;)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:03:59 pm by Brett Haviland »

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 08:33:47 pm »
 im gonna try to get a boost leak done and see whats up ..  and yeah it was a close call .. :P but luckly  we are all OK thanks to yoda !

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Loré Arens

• 1999 Silver Eclipse GS-T
    • BCs Cottonwood Industries
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 06:33:12 am »
Amen to that  ;D
1999 Silver American GS-T Eclipse

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 06:26:27 pm »
ok brett  check this out ..

this code came out again today and i am wondering if it could be  the cause of the  choking ..

http://www.bcdsm.org/forum/index.php/topic,23320.0.html

it has to do with the fuel trim ..  the code 170  .. i looked it up and it hints towards  fuel pump issue maybe .. i re-did the gasket of the blow off  and it seams like it helped but it still chocks under high Rpm .. any hint ?

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 06:33:05 pm »
boost leak test for sure.

For fuel, hook up a fuel pressure gauge in such a way as to be able to read it while driving.  If the fuel pressure takes a dump just as that happens, then move towards fuel, but if not, leave that be for now.

A bad TPS can also do this, as could a bad coil pack, ECU etc.

its a bit hard to pin point it like this over the internet because so many things could cause it.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Paul Pigar

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 06:59:38 pm »
i kind of the same problem on my 2g before. When I hit high rpm/almost full boost it cuts out(falls flat).
Just wondering, when did u replace your spark plugs/wires? On mine, i just replace my spark plugs and wires and it run fine.
-98 talon tsi awd   -94 acura integra non-vtec
-96 talon tsi awd converted to eclipse gsx
-95 talon esi(sold)
-94 eclipse non-turbo(sold)
-91 talon tsi fwd(daily driver)
-90 nissan 300zx(sold)
-96 eclipse gs spyder
-98 eclipse spyder awd swap
-98 eclipse gs-t(traded)

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 07:15:38 pm »
 spark plug are very new so is the cable and everything that has to do with the ignition  .. ECU is new  ( i might try swaping the old on in see whats up ) ,  the  TPS is set nicely and  the car idles great .

i think it could still be the boost leak since i jsut re did the gasket on the BOV  and it was runnign finish .. be start to give on my way back  from  cultus i need a real gasket this gasket eliminator crap dont seam to work ..but dont have a way to test it .. i think i may have to boroow the needed stuff to check it out .

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 07:52:35 pm »
just go and get a square of the "make your own" gasket.  get a razer blade and cut your own gasket to fit that greddy BOV that you have.  More importantly   DO A BOOST LEAK TEST WITH THE PROPER TESTER!!!!

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 07:56:47 pm »
also, just because a TPS is adjusted properly and the car idles fine, doesn't mean that its not fritzing out.

It has to pass thru its whole range of motion and trasmit a completely regular voltage range from 0-5 volts(basically) every time, the same way.

If its glitching in between, say 2.4v and 3.6v, it won't be able to tell the ECU where your foot is.  Or worse, it will tell your ECU that you have lifted your foot off the gas when in fact you are on it 75%.

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 08:22:07 pm »
i see what you mean john .. ill try to check it out  the best i can //

i get a  proper gasket  and slap that on and try again  and as for the boost leak ..  john brett ? do any of u got a boost leak tester  i could borow for a day . so i can  see  whats up.

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 11:04:03 pm »
mine is in my tool box at work currently.. but they arer super easy to make yourself.   You can go to home depot and get a rubber 2" plumbing cap.....  and then get a metal valve stem from lordco with the locknuts and washers and you can figure it out from there.