Author Topic: noobie question ..  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
Re: noobie question ..
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2010, 10:54:07 am »
found the problem huge boost leak around the throtle body ..  now where can i  get a gasket or should i make my own outta that do it urself thing ?
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline Paul Pigar

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010, 11:17:41 am »
lordco or napa
-98 talon tsi awd   -94 acura integra non-vtec
-96 talon tsi awd converted to eclipse gsx
-95 talon esi(sold)
-94 eclipse non-turbo(sold)
-91 talon tsi fwd(daily driver)
-90 nissan 300zx(sold)
-96 eclipse gs spyder
-98 eclipse spyder awd swap
-98 eclipse gs-t(traded)

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 11:22:56 am »
cheers ill check that out !

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 02:37:56 pm »
I may have one around here too
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 03:47:42 pm »
if you find one kicking around john let me know .. i have to wait until tuesday so lordco can bring one in .. :(

and check this Fancy thing i  made :D

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 06:08:43 pm »
NICE FING JOB MAN!!!!

Gauge and everything.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Paul Pigar

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2010, 09:33:17 pm »
if you find one kicking around john let me know .. i have to wait until tuesday so lordco can bring one in .. :(

and check this Fancy thing i  made :D

damn Constantin! u went all out eh!
-98 talon tsi awd   -94 acura integra non-vtec
-96 talon tsi awd converted to eclipse gsx
-95 talon esi(sold)
-94 eclipse non-turbo(sold)
-91 talon tsi fwd(daily driver)
-90 nissan 300zx(sold)
-96 eclipse gs spyder
-98 eclipse spyder awd swap
-98 eclipse gs-t(traded)

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2010, 10:34:05 pm »
cremco/fernco coupling, fairview gascock and fittings, and tapped pvc cap?

very nice :)
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 11:45:16 pm »
thanks you guys !! it works great :D LOL

the Gauge is sweet got it for like 10 $ at lordco. if u have a small leak u can just let the  car sit under pressure and u can see if u loosing air ..   the 2 inch to 3 inch rubber pipe is abit of a tight fit  to get it on the turbo  but  u nudge  the rad pipe out of the way and tada .....  its just awsome :D

got a new gasket iam gonna slap on the throtle body tomorow and  hope it will fix it all

ill keep ya guys posted ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 11:47:18 pm »
no one can knock your ingenuity and creativity Constantin, again i'm impressed :)
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2010, 02:34:15 pm »
is it normal that iam loosing air at the Adjusting  idling screw on the throtle body ? i just replaced the gasket and i am losing air in there ..   kinda wierd. . i took the screw out ant there is a O- ring on it but i think its not doing its job ..:S any idea ?

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2010, 03:29:30 pm »
no, that is supposed to be  sealed.

just go get another o-ring.

you will need to reset your base idle, according to procedure after, as you won't be bleeding air there.

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2010, 04:13:44 pm »
yeah i put some teflon tape on the idle screw and its all good now  no leak ... but i found another leaks seams like my car is just one big airleaking whore..

i have a bolt that i think is definitly not supose to be there  i think its the result of some one taping off the intake some monkey wrenching BS  the threads are strip and leaking air like a whore .... what can i do to fix it ? i was thinking of re driling the hole a tad biger and get a biger bolt to  seal it off ..

edit .. : 

i just did  some test run with my computer pluged in and keeped an eye on the  TPS %  reading  as the "stall" happened the Computer was still reading 30 % throtle input as i was steping on it and a did the test a few times and same result the computer was aware of the Throtle % posstion but some how still chocked/ stall  wich point towards fuel .. im thinking boost is affecting my performance but it shouldnt cause such a drastic stall, i mean its the first time i did a boost leak test and i have been driving the car so what could it be .. i also swap ECU and that wasnt it ...

now my question  is could i run a pressure guage off the return line or will i not get a good read out of that ?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 05:15:29 pm by Constantin Morosan »

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2010, 08:26:20 pm »
return line will be like 1-3 psi at most.  Put a fuel pressure guage in where the line comes out of the fuel filter.  Any "import" kit will likely work, the Honda ones fit perfectly.  Probably $40 or less if you go used.  Thing is, you can't watch it while driving unless you run a pressure line out your hood.  Or you can get an electronic one and then no fuel lines are run.

That bolt is wierd for sure, pull it out and re tap the hole bigger and then thread in a bigger bolt.  or even better have someone who welds aluminum weld that up and then grind it off nice.

As for the TPS, just turn off the engine, but key on, then read the tps reading while you SLOWLY go back and forth from idle to full throttle and back again.  It should follow your foot exactly, ramping up gently with no flat spots or glitches or falling off.  Do this a few times.

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2010, 12:42:24 pm »
return line will be like 1-3 psi at most.  Put a fuel pressure guage in where the line comes out of the fuel filter.  Any "import" kit will likely work, the Honda ones fit perfectly.  Probably $40 or less if you go used.  Thing is, you can't watch it while driving unless you run a pressure line out your hood.  Or you can get an electronic one and then no fuel lines are run.

That bolt is wierd for sure, pull it out and re tap the hole bigger and then thread in a bigger bolt.  or even better have someone who welds aluminum weld that up and then grind it off nice.

As for the TPS, just turn off the engine, but key on, then read the tps reading while you SLOWLY go back and forth from idle to full throttle and back again.  It should follow your foot exactly, ramping up gently with no flat spots or glitches or falling off.  Do this a few times.

ill see what i can find for the fuel gauge i may end up makign my own .. im gonna get prtty creative  if i can find one for cheap ..

bolt will be re taped and pluged properly since i dont know anyone that welds  so easy fix ..

as for the  TPS its exactly what i was doing and made sure to see if it skipt a beat and honestly  i didnt see any glitch at all  specialy when the choking was happening while driving . did the test run like 5 or 6 time and everythime the  TPS was reading correctly but the choking was happening  anyway. i think i am gonna pull the fuel pump just to take a look at it see the condition of it

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.