Author Topic: noobie question ..  (Read 4253 times)

Offline John Hartman

Re: noobie question ..
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2010, 12:54:55 pm »
cool on the TPS.

Before you pull the fuel pump to look at it, test the fuel pressure.

A completely dead fuel pump won't look any different than a brand new one.  You won't see anything wrong.  If a wire is broken, that would be visible of course, but the car wouldn't run like that.

The fuel filter and or tank filter(sock) could be plugged up.  How long since you last changed the filter?  The one on the firewall.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Constantin Morosan

• 95 Eclipse turbo
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2010, 01:05:37 pm »
the fuel filter is brand new from when my car die  in  january .. and since then i have maybe put  at the most 5000 miles on it .. so it doesnt have much use but again my  problem was  fuel lines and filter and injectors where clogued back then .. i am gonna  take the fuel  filter out  take a look at it and same with the  injectors again . ...
Help us Obi John Kenobi you're our only hope ..

Obi-John Kenobi? 

OMG.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2010, 01:13:19 pm »
oh if they were actually clogged up, pull that pump and put a new sock on it.  Those are like $9
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods