Author Topic: 1g Tuning Package.  (Read 1430 times)

Offline Daniel Townsend

1g Tuning Package.
« on: October 25, 2010, 09:49:46 am »
Hey guys, does anyone know of a tuning package for a 1g esi? ie. DSM link, AEM EMS?

My esi is running rich and i plan on putting a Magnus intake manifold and fuel rail, 660CC injectors, forced cold air, BBK62mm TB and i need the options to tune but havent been able to find a tuning package for a non turbo 1g  :(

any suggestions besides selling it lol!

Offline andrew volcz

Re: 1g Tuning Package.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:48:45 am »
you likely wont need to upgrade injectors ... or at least not at this point

im unsure of if you can use dsm map to tune this but an EMS for sure.  only down side is that after install and tuning, itll likely cost the same amount as what your car is worth (or more) haha

how about an SAFC ?

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 11:10:07 am »
if you really want to get a bit more grunt out of that esi i'd go exhaust--->cams

before modifying TBs and fuel... but a safc would be fine.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:19:18 am by kevin derhouson »
She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 12:34:26 pm »
if your into making some real power then sell the ESI and get a turbo dsm.  Dont screw around with that crappy unreliable chrysler poop.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Jason Swan

• ebonyswan.com
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 01:08:48 pm »
Hey guys, does anyone know of a tuning package for a 1g esi? ie. DSM link, AEM EMS?

My esi is running rich and i plan on putting a Magnus intake manifold and fuel rail, 660CC injectors, forced cold air, BBK62mm TB and i need the options to tune but havent been able to find a tuning package for a non turbo 1g  :(

sounds like you're willing to put about $2000 into it.  I would venture to guess that what you're proposing will add maybe 40 hp, at the most.

Take the same amount of money to a turbo dsm, and you can probably make 150hp more than stock, if not more. 

Consider selling it.  Never understood the attraction of a "wanna-be" sports car i.e. any "sporty" car hopelessly handcuffed by hardware such as any flavor of esi or a 240sx with automatic.
1990 Talon TSI - SMALL 16G w/ 10cm housing, 3g lifters, mains girdle, innovate wideband, ecmlink v3, 1050cc FICs, walbro 255, magnus intake, fp race exhaust manifold, evoIII o2 housing, 3" exhaust, act2100 w/6puck, act streetlite flywheel, bs delete
1990 Laser RS - sold
604-302-9997 jason@ebonyswan.com

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 02:17:48 pm »
if your into making some real power then sell the ESI and get a turbo dsm.  Dont screw around with that crappy unreliable chrysler poop.

1g esi is still 4g63 isnt it?

I do aggree with everyone else, you will be wasting money and will most likely be disapointed with the results. you will be much further ahead to sell yours and buy a turbo dsm.

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 04:16:17 pm »
yep 1g non turbo is still a 4g63 IF its a 2 liter... they came with a shitty 1.8 liter too
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline kevin derhouson

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 04:35:26 pm »
THIS IS TURBOTOWN!

She lives.
new build details ---> http://freetexthost.com/hgidu250ql
current awhp: 387

Offline daniel Dee

• Fully drivable
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 04:51:42 pm »

buy my running 1g TSI 5spd $900 and transfers all the parts....
you get the turbo, intercooler, four wheel disc brakes etec etec.

92 AWD TSI 5spd<br />Built motor ,AEM EMS, Arc2 cdi 1050cc&1000cc Staged injectors Billet S366 T4,top mount manifold.666 AWHP@39psi (RG Dyno 2010). New mods E85, BF cams, 72mm turbo, 70mm throttle body />90 TSI (gone), 95 TSI 5 spd sold, 93 Mazda 5sp(sold), 97 Acura 5spd Vtec 99 Audi A4 quad 5sp 2018 Civicturbo 6sp ktuner

Offline Paul Pigar

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 07:43:10 pm »
i've been that road(modified my esi) and eventually sold and got a tsi awd.  You will never be satisfied, you'll want more power.
-98 talon tsi awd   -94 acura integra non-vtec
-96 talon tsi awd converted to eclipse gsx
-95 talon esi(sold)
-94 eclipse non-turbo(sold)
-91 talon tsi fwd(daily driver)
-90 nissan 300zx(sold)
-96 eclipse gs spyder
-98 eclipse spyder awd swap
-98 eclipse gs-t(traded)

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 10:49:26 pm »
sorry, yeah N/A 4g63 still doesn't like boost all that much.... thought he had a 2G for some reason.  oopsies
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Mike Schmid

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 03:05:25 am »
I know you don't want to hear it, and you probably take pride in being different and taking the road less travelled, but as someone who had a 1G NT and did a couple mods to it then got a 1G AWD, and then another 1G AWD.  You really want to go to a factory turbo AWD car.  

The difference is ridiculous.  I couldn't believe how different the cars were.  You keep the looks and the familiarity with the car you love but the AWD suspension makes for way better handling, feels so much more planted.  The power is ridiculous in comparison.  The NTs actually have good bottom end grunt compared to other NT 4 bangers in it's class but to add the turbo is a world of difference.  

Even the other little stuff, the TSi seats are more supportive and form fitting, the leather wrap steering wheel is nicer in the hands.  Of course out here too the traction of AWD is so awesome.  The first time I did a 4000rpm full out launch on wet pavement in the rain and pinned myself back in the seat I was totally hooked.  The NT or FWD Turbo for that matter just sit and spin, but to have that kind of thrust available in almost any weather is epic.  

Damn... I gotta put my car back together...

Oh, another thing too is the modding.  In my NT I never spent big bucks but I spent a bunch of time fabbing up some cool ram air airbox and intake and when I was done I thought I could tell a difference.  It was the first car I really modded and I started to think that's what modding was like, you'd spend a bunch of time and money and think you could tell a little difference.  But to compare to the turbos, I swapped a 14b for an Evo3 16g,  went from 14psi on the 14b to about 9 psi on the 16g to make sure it was running good and I thought it'd be a wash but it was obvious, even to passengers, how much power it picked up.  That was before even turning the boost up which again made a big difference.  Mods are so much more rewarding on the turbo cars. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 03:15:05 am by Mike Schmid »
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Offline Nathan Craft

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 08:17:17 pm »
while i mainly agree with everyone saying to just get a turbo DSM, i dont see why not keep the ESI? my first DSM was a '90 Laser RS non turbo. was a fun little car actually, sure it wasn't the fastest thing in the entire world. but with a little spray it kept up for the most part, and was still faster than all my friend's hondas ;D
basically if the car has a personal value to ya; keep it, and do the little things to fix 'er up and make it a head turner (no body kits lol)
98 Eclipse Spyder
-Talon Conversion
-AWD swap in progress :D

"Owning a DSM is like dating a stripper, sure it's fun to show off and ride every so often, but in the end it'll break your heart"

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 09:46:35 pm »
Take off your down pipe. Drive it and that's 40% of the gain you will have with out big power. 4g63s are amazing boost blocks. But non trubo meh to hevey etc should sell it and buy a crx. Esi's are good for city driving. Don't get me wrong. But for fun driving or anykind of autocross or 1/4mile you never see an n/a in the ranks.

Just my 2cents
thanks for reading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.