Author Topic: 1g fuel pump in a 2g......are they interchangeble?  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
Re: 1g fuel pump in a 2g......are they interchangeble?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 11:43:52 am »
yeah... i though so.

SO yup.  the pump you have it the same part number as the one you would get for a 2G kit anyways. 

You will be just left over with the wiring adapter and a small length of hose.

And usually when installing a walbro into a 2G tank i think you might have to fiddle with the bottom "L" bracket that holds the stock pump up against the "cap and oring".  If i remember correctly on my 4G colt i had to drill a new hole in the bracket so it would allow the walbro to sit properly in the cradle.  I also had to use a 2X4 and hammer the bottom of my tank down a bit so the pump wouldn't be shoved against the bottom of the tank but the 4G colts use a metal tank... and i believe a 2G tank is plastic... so that might not work so well.. HAHAH

yeah pretty much lift your rear seat up, pull the access cover, disconnect the fuel lines and wiring connector and then undo all the little 8mm nuts.... lift the pump assembly out and you will see how easy and straitforward it is.

Good luck!
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Richard Clark

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 11:07:28 am »
Theres not even 8mm bolts on a 2g,  theres a ring that screws down onto a threaded peice like a Jar of jam.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 12:04:29 pm »
hahahhaha  perfect.
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.