Author Topic: autox in packwood, wa  (Read 643 times)

Offline an nguyen

autox in packwood, wa
« on: May 18, 2005, 10:28:56 pm »
on sun it was raining so i left my street tires on. in grid i saw cars w/ victoracers and realized too late that i already made a mistake of not swapping wheels. tho i coned my last 2 of 4 runs my best scratch was still ~6.3 sec behind the leader (white NA b16 civic on hoosier rains)

http://www.wwscc.org/event_results/2005/scca05-2.html

on sat, i got kevin dietz (evo instr, scca natl trophy winner) to drive my car and he went 3 secs faster (~60 sec course) while still being easy on the car (no downshift to 1st, but something i may need to try). reinforced my suspicion that I don’t need to make the car faster =)

Rode along w/ alan dahl, joe goeke (2 other scca natl trophy winners) and some others; learned some more for free.

a teenager there was a dsm fan so i gave 2 rides before he had to get ready for prom. crap i'm practically old enough to be his dad.

huge lumber mill lot is fun since it's uneven (allowing for on/offcamber turns) and has some bumps; big enough to run 3 cars at once; only bad things are a "gutter" in one area and a manhole in another.
COVERED PARKING in a huge warehouse-like garage!!
stx 95 talon awd, stu 95 m3