Author Topic: Basic requirements for Mission  (Read 11671 times)

Offline Travis Merrick

Basic requirements for Mission
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2003, 01:32:23 pm »
Lordco should have them, should be able to get them by 3, call down, or even talk to Mopac as they may be a better solution.
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2003, 01:33:04 pm »
And I believe also if you run down at the track with relocated battery you must have a turn off switch that is accessible in the back.

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Offline Kimyee Lai

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2003, 03:06:22 pm »
Okay, anyone knows how strict there are on the helmets?  Will they not pass helmets w/o the Snell 95 rating?  I know they didn't pass my helmet last time, but that was a relic from the late 70s, and looked every bit that.

Offline Travis Merrick

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2003, 03:45:18 pm »
i think the safety stuff they are strict on, cause they have to mark it down.

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Troy Simkus

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2003, 04:46:00 pm »
if snell 95 is the rating, you need a snell 95 to run 13.99 or faster. They will check your helmet if they see it.

Offline Kimyee Lai

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2003, 09:41:55 am »
What about a driveshaft loop?  Who knows, I might get into the 12s...then what, I get booted out?

Troy Simkus

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2003, 10:53:14 am »
well, when farzaan ran his car a couple years ago, he ran a 12.0 and one of the tech guys came burning over to check him out.... all he looked at though was the helmet and said he'd need a rollbar if he went any faster.
Just tell them you dont think you'll go faster than high 13 or something.  You should get a loop but i doubt they'll check.

Offline Kevin Blender

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2003, 02:42:51 pm »
Sorry if this is a stupid question but why must you drain your coolant? Does it overflow alot and create a mess on the track? Sounds like a pain in the ass to me. How does a overflow bottle work? How do you hook it up?

I was hoping to race next street legals but this is kinda of unexpected to me. How much coolant runs in the system (so what size of a container do i need for it?

Thanks Kevin
990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD 5spd

Does Wayne Brady have to choke a bitch?

Troy Simkus

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2003, 03:14:29 pm »
look in your manual it should say how much coolant it is, i cant think of it off the top of my head but just grab a couple of those bottles of washer fluid and pour it in there.  Technically you need to run a coolant of some sort, its just that you cant use Antifreeze because it's very very slick and takes a long time to clean up which means if any spills on the track, they shut it down for the night.  Replace the antifreeze with water or Redline Water Wetter.

A note about driveshaft loops, if you're doing 12s, GET ONE, dont know  if everybody saw it at the shootout, there was a 12s car that had its driveshaft blow off, it could have been a very fatal accident.

Scott Ash

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2005, 01:25:51 pm »
Does the trunk need to be empty to pass inspection? What if I have a subwoofer that is bolted down? Will I still need to take it out or will they not care?

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2005, 03:06:45 pm »
I passed tech with my sub in there. It wasn't even bolted in. All unsecure items need removal in the pits. You will do this anyway though. Would anybody drag race with heavy objects in the car? :laugh:

Offline Dilvinder Grewal

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2005, 06:10:28 pm »
it actually depends on who the tech is inspecting ur ride if its the guy thats announcins in the tower he doesnt really care too much as long as uv raced there before but if its the older guy he gets on ur case everytime
997 Eclipse GSX

Offline Robin Toor

• http://bcdsm.labattz.com/Robin%20Ride/featured_ride.htm
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2005, 06:39:58 pm »
Quote from: "Dilvinder Grewal"
it actually depends on who the tech is inspecting ur ride if its the guy thats announcins in the tower he doesnt really care too much as long as uv raced there before but if its the older guy he gets on ur case everytime

Rick (the announcer) has retired this year and is no longer working at Mission. He opened his own lowrider shop to work on custom cars.

There are around 5 different techs at mission, 3 of them are super cool, but 2 of the guys are total dicks. However they can't really bust any of us for anything other than running coolant and having no battery tie down. 1998+ cars are even allowed to run coolant.

Offline Paul Chernoff

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2005, 06:50:24 pm »
I've never had a problem with any of the tech guys.....yet. THey jsut questioned my coolant overflow cause i was using a thin bottle, they just told me to change it for next time. I've always run coolant, but my car is a 1998.

Offline Richard Chwiendacz

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2006, 03:01:12 pm »
I was thinking about bringing my car to the shootout, and realized that it's got a crack in the windshield, and therefore probably wouldn't pass tech.  They do care about that sort of thing, yeah?

If so, anyone know a cheap place to get a 1gb windshield replaced?
No more DSM.  Sad.