Author Topic: This forum is gathering dust  (Read 1900 times)

Offline Chris Andrews

• Good news Everyone!
This forum is gathering dust
« on: November 19, 2002, 10:46:11 pm »
Anyone make a ricey honduh look bad lately?  C'mon, share in the joy.  :twisted:   Post it here. 8)
92 TSi  AWD 2.4L Hybrid 12.3@113 SoLDINated!!!!
2008 Toyota Tundra. 5.7L
2012 KTM 350 EXC-F
2008 Arctic Cat M8

Offline Jeremy Clarke

• http://www.westcostdsm.ca
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 11:26:53 pm »
I made a fool out of a ricey Tercel the other day after I finnished watching Jackass but it's not really worth mentioning. I get very little joy from racing imports these days in fact I mostly just let them go. Maybe I am getting old or maybe I'm just tired of winning. :roll:

Offline Andrew Steele

• http://www.bcdsm.org
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 12:06:31 am »
erm ... I know you guys snicker at the NTs as is, but atleast this is "something" ...

I had some fun with Ford F150 today.  I wanted the straight-through lane after crossing Kingsway on Royal Oak and didn't feel like braking behind 4 or 5 cars.  Evidently, he didn't want to give up the pole position without a fight.  I don't really challenge many people ... hell, I have a NT; but once I realized what he was doin I jus dropped down a gear, wound 'er up to 6K and glided into the centre lane.  I know he was steamed - rode my ass thru the school zone - heh, bitter? Street Racing? Sure, may as well have been on scooters tho :P

YAY! My first RacePit post ... gawd I need boost  :cry:
1999.5 Audi A4 2.8L Quattro Tip
1994 Eagle Talon (SOLD)
1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (SOLD)

Offline Damian Zerr

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 01:04:42 am »
kinda a race story

My buddy has a fully modded out type r teg "13.6 1/4" and we decided we would go for a little cruise out to white rock and back. We get onto hwy 91, it's a two lane seperated hwy, no one is in front of us, we pull up beside each other and are going about 100, then we decide to floor it. Me being cautious leave it in 5th gear and see what my baby has, him and his type r drop down into 4th. I kept with him in 5th gear for a good amout of time then he started to pull ahead. This was before I got my downpipe and cat taken out, rematch will be different, i will downshift into 4th lol.

I passed him on a single lane road in a nice 3rd gear pull and he told me afterwards the sound my turbo made was so freakin loud, kinda cool he could hear it even from inside his car with the windows rolled up.
0PSI and 0 Knock

Offline Jovan Ceklaj

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2002, 08:11:08 pm »
Here's a recent one for you.  I'm a little new to the import scene but I know my way around.  Anyways, I was going down Canada way in Burnaby when this Civic "type R" pulls up next to me.  It was pretty sweet how he had steel wheels and not to mention the way he shifted a little fast for a human  :wink: .  Well when the light turned green, it went from a bit of a challenge to a slaughter when he realised he was down a good number of car lengths.  End of the "type R" civic.
 1989 Nissan 240sx (daily POS/autocross slut)
- '92 6/4 bolt Tsi AWD 5 spd. (Burned to the ground!)

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2002, 11:12:42 pm »
Hey Damian is your friend in the Type R "Spoon Fed"?? If he is tell him David in the black wheeled Talon is waitin for his displacement upgrade to race. :)I've been racing that guy for years it seems. One of a very few Honda's I truly respect. He maybe fast but he'll never be AWD.

Offline Damian Zerr

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2002, 02:08:35 am »
Ya that's him, I'll tell him you said hello.
0PSI and 0 Knock

Offline Mike Schmid

races
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2002, 12:14:54 am »
I try to get races in my fast car, the Camaro, *gasp* hey, I'm NT, gimme a break  :wink: but I can't.... no one ever wants to race it.  I think it's the bobbly head Mr. T in the back window with his dancing hulla girl g/f that scare the would-be challengers off.   :twisted:

Like this one time I was cruising below the speed limit waiting for traffic to catch up and this civic with two punks comes up beside me and sits there.  My buddy and I are looking over trying to get them to try something but alas,  they wouldn't...  :(  

It's that damn Mr.T, I swear... although the street lights glinting off the roll bar and the 6" fender flares with foot wide tires might have something to do with it...  :roll:

There's always next summer....   :pimp:
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*

Chao C. Yin

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2002, 04:40:21 pm »
The Honduh punks in Richmond have all learned their lessons from me, its those new "N" punks in new Celica GT/GTSs that are getting schooled. :laugh: