Author Topic: the sleepy slushbox  (Read 5863 times)

Offline John Hartman

Re: the sleepy slushbox
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 12:41:38 pm »
yea they drop the lights pretty fast for sure...
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2009, 01:13:33 pm »
at home.  Where were you last week?

Working!

They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline neen tang

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2009, 01:16:05 pm »
that was Yan's car he raced in his 11.8 pass, im not sure what happend on that run.... i think it might have been a missed 3rd gear... there also seemed to be some backfiring issues with it on the next run..

MArks car hauled ass!! so smooth too!  Definalty putting down good numbers for that "small turbo" setup he is running!!

Congrats Marke!!  This might put you as the fastest automatic DSM in british columbia???

I think the other fastest was when mitch ran a 11.9 i think in his old 1ga automatic 16G car.

that 11.8 pass was marke racing against a burgundy talon with hids.  i think this is the first time i have seen more then one or two bcdsm members.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 01:19:56 pm by neen tang »

Offline Remi Raymond

• In a 12 step program
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2009, 01:47:14 pm »
Well brett, myself and zach were there watching as well.

I plan on running next week (first time!)
They're like expensive pokemon... gotta catch 'em all.

Offline neen tang

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 02:40:17 pm »
always more fun when a group of dsms roll down and play :)

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 04:18:48 pm »
that was Yan's car he raced in his 11.8 pass, im not sure what happend on that run.... i think it might have been a missed 3rd gear... there also seemed to be some backfiring issues with it on the next run..

MArks car hauled ass!! so smooth too!  Definalty putting down good numbers for that "small turbo" setup he is running!!

Congrats Marke!!  This might put you as the fastest automatic DSM in british columbia???

I think the other fastest was when mitch ran a 11.9 i think in his old 1ga automatic 16G car.

that 11.8 pass was marke racing against a burgundy talon with hids.  i think this is the first time i have seen more then one or two bcdsm members.

actually it was Lyle's. but thanks everyone!
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline yan tang

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 05:39:54 pm »
yeah for sure that wasn't me.  i was running 11.6's @131.5mph.  couldn't go 10's lastnight, got some bugs to work out.  car wouldn't launch or shift.  good job tho marke!! congrats!!
11.01 @132mph with 489hp 389tq fp3052 (with shifting issues)
11.08 @ 123mph with 395hp 350tq hta68 daily driver

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 05:45:22 pm »
Yan, HUGE mph man!!  NICE!
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 07:45:47 am »
Added my times to the DSM tuners database and am stoked to see that I made the top 10 for automatic cars. AND the best with a 16g based automatic.
The Sleepy Slushbox.

"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself."

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 11:35:04 am »
NICE!!

16g ish anyways  ;)

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2009, 12:06:25 pm »

Congrats Marke!!  This might put you as the fastest automatic DSM in british columbia???

I have been looking for any other auto DSM's that have done better, and can't find any in Canada. Dare I say..."quickest auto DSM in Canada?"
The Sleepy Slushbox.

Offline Brett Haviland

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2009, 03:04:26 pm »
hahah maybe it is??

I have seen a FWD 4g63 automatic drag colt (4th gen) running 8 second passed out in eastern canada.... but never heard of a fast automatic DSM in these parts...  except for mitch's
I like Colts.  Turbo Colts.

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2009, 06:28:30 pm »
I found what Brett was talking about...the time to beat is 8.47@171MPH
The Sleepy Slushbox.

Offline Marke Bailey

• B.C.'s quickest DSM.
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2009, 08:34:21 pm »
I feel there is a couple of tenths available to be shaved off here tho. I haven't set up the cam gears yet, I need to retune for 25psi as it was knocking. I ended up dropping the boost by 2-3psi to get the knock down and after doing so I lost a tenth of a second but gained a half mile an hour. I could also lower tire pressure for little more grip. and launching at a higher psi might get me a lower 60' (traction permitting). I still have a JMFab street SMIM sitting on the shelf too. One more meth nozzle might be something to think about also.

I should also mention that the runs were done in D with eco mode selected. (which is the stock power mode for me). I had a conflict with the rev limit and the shift point in the custom power mode that I have programmed, and could not run it properly. Got another chip on the way to take care of that.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 08:38:10 pm by Marke Bailey »
The Sleepy Slushbox.

Offline yan tang

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2009, 10:02:39 pm »
i think it's about time for that hx35 to get bolted on.  plus my bro's got his eye on that turbo of yours.  especially after you went 11's with it.  super cool to go that quick with that size of turbo.
11.01 @132mph with 489hp 389tq fp3052 (with shifting issues)
11.08 @ 123mph with 395hp 350tq hta68 daily driver