Author Topic: Smack Down  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Aaron Moore

Smack Down
« on: October 23, 2002, 01:59:59 pm »
I laid the smack down on some fool in a honduh on the way home from school.  
Wow am I proud :roll:
2 TSI AWD 16G
95 TSI AWD GROUND BLINGER
98 SPYDER EVO 16G
99 GS400 PIMPED TO THE MAX
2005 300C up and on....

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2002, 03:03:19 pm »
ehhe, nice one Aaron.  I find that happening to me alot as well, cuz i go to kwantlen, and all i see are hondas with $20 rims and 5000 stickers  :lol:

But i did have the chance to race a buddy from work who has a 2000 prelude SH.  He dropped about 15k into it, no turbo or anything.   I raced him and he found out the hard way about AWD............. He now has his car for sale, oh well  :twisted:

Offline Sean Tran

Smack Down
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2002, 06:12:37 pm »
way to pick on a honda Aaron :)  Why don't you pick on someone your own size?....like a c5...or a ferrari...hehehhe
url=http://members.shaw.ca/dsmtalon]'93 6-bolt TSi AWD[/url]

R.I.P.  Jay
BC DSM 2003

Offline Aaron Moore

Smack Down
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2002, 09:35:53 pm »
Will, I love when they learn the hard way :lol:

Sean, I swear it wasn't my fault... he just happened to be trying to pass me as I was approaching 3000rpm's in second 8)
2 TSI AWD 16G
95 TSI AWD GROUND BLINGER
98 SPYDER EVO 16G
99 GS400 PIMPED TO THE MAX
2005 300C up and on....

Offline John Hartman

Smack Down
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2003, 05:30:08 pm »
hehe, sometimes you just HAVE to eh??

Going home on the back roads the other day, and there is a railway crossing with a stop sign.  Colt 200GT is tailgating me like he is mating with me for a few miles.  Id squirt away, and then when I slowed down hed catch up and commence humping my bumper again.  Got old fast.

Anyways I knew the stop sign was coming up so I got some distance between us so that he wouldnt rear end me at the tracks.  I come to a full stop and then see in my mirror that he was not stopping and infact from his exhaust note, he was on it hard!  SHIT!  I had already got across the tracks in 1st, and had shifted into 2nd(not really on it either) when I see him pull out to pass me!  Nutjob!  So I (being overly competetive and somewhat of a prick sometimes) nail it.  He got along side for a second or so, then buh-by!  Hehe :)  Silly Colt, left lane is for passing :D

Course I coulda let him go around, but how are we going to teach them if we let it pay off to drive like that :D

good ol backroads...
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Jared Clark

• http://Vancouver240.com
Re: .
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2003, 11:06:43 pm »
Quote from: "William Frederickson"
ehhe, nice one Aaron.  I find that happening to me alot as well, cuz i go to kwantlen, and all i see are Lawnmowers with $20 rims and 5000 stickers  :lol:

But i did have the chance to race a buddy from work who has a 2000 playdude SH.  He dropped about 15k into it, no turbo or anything.   I raced him and he found out the hard way about AWD............. He now has his car for sale, oh well  :twisted:

hey im just wonderin what mods he had....if he had a kit or whatever, i prolly would recoqnize him
ormer owner of a '93 AWD
Now: 1989 240SX, 13.5@107
        1990 240SX, 12.4@114

Offline Travis Merrick

Smack Down
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2003, 07:33:05 am »
it was really weird last night i was driving in abby and some old SUpra, not even mk 3, one of the like supra celica ones, i think mk 2, was beside me, so i accelerated like normal and he tromped it, I hit it then got to second, he was actually right beside me until i slowed down when we hit 60km/h, he kept accelerating a bit, but then i caught him at a stop light aways ahead, it was weird cause when he accelerated it nailed the bump stops, started going side ways and then he took out clutch and nailed it again, again nailed the bump stops and started kicking it sideways, this was no way any normal mk2 supra, had something done to it, had like a 3" exhaust.  

If anyone has seen that movie of the black 280z with the corvette LS1 engine in it, thats what it looked like when he rolled he just nailed it and kicked it sideways.  I was quite impressed.
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Troy Simkus

Smack Down
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2003, 01:29:51 pm »
heh thats abbotsford for you, i ran into a suzuki forsa turbo one night running like 18psi or something insane like that, sure sounded cool, poor little car couldnt get any traction though.

Offline Travis Merrick

Smack Down
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2003, 01:51:43 pm »
Yah i think ive seen that forsa, does it have a roll cage in it?  Cause i saw that one and damn, it was smokin fast and its BOV was mean sounding!
2 TSi AWD - 14.2@98mph - RIP

85 SJ413 w/ Toy axles

Troy Simkus

Smack Down
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2003, 02:14:31 pm »
no, not the same one (i think), i've seen that one before at autox though last i heard he was running over 20psi on it.  :shock:

Offline John Hartman

Smack Down
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2003, 05:20:26 pm »
some people put the 3.0l DOHC 24v intercooled turbo motor in the 1G Supra's and then they have a rocket.  I saw several of them when I was looking for a car.  Light weight of the old car, cheapish engine, tons of power, proven moddability.

Those things are usually really rusty tho.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Mike Schmid

cars
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2003, 01:21:21 pm »
I was cruising Calgary one day in my Laser and pulled up beside a newer Daytona.  He both kinda rolled onto the gas and took off and started playin' around.  We got a couple lights and I'd work him through 1st and then when I was going for 2nd, (the sunroof was open and you can hear behind you) there was the stomach sinking sound of a big ass turbo spooling up then he'd roar by like I was standing still.  It was pretty stealth... stock wheels and everything but he had A pillar guages and I'm always leery of cars with A pillar guages.  I'd never put them in a sleeper, too easy to spot.

He worked me about 6 times... :(  The last time he got third beside me and started torque steering all over the road when the tires broke loose.  He must have had some fairly serious parts in there with how long it took to spool and then breaking the tires loose into 3rd.
DSMs - fun when they run

'92 TSi AWD AT - 180bhp
'93 TSi AWD - 195bhp
'90 Laser RS NT - *sold*
'71 Camaro - *sold*