Author Topic: Stealth vs Talon  (Read 6249 times)

Offline Andrew Scott

Stealth vs Talon
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2003, 12:05:58 am »
Quote from: "John Hartman"
230 bone stock?  holy hell, I thought they were only good for 210-220 out of the box.  Friggin fast eh?

Yah it took a while, kinda on a downgrade too
Parked: 1989 240sx - Esso 87 octane, Superstore generic 10w30, Japanese automatic climate control, Pioneer AVIC-Z3 navagation, Tien Flex Coilovers, Poly bushings, R34 Brakes (front and rear), Cusco tri-point strut braces (front+rear), 1998 tail lights, rear+side valance, adjustable toe and camber arms, cusco sway bars, helical rear diff, Volk TE37s - For sale!
Daily: 2008 BMW M3 DCT

Offline Jack Lee

Stealth vs Talon
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2003, 02:23:34 pm »
Well, I know for a fact that our cars can go well over 240kph.  I don't know what the final number was as the needle was pass the "k" in the km/h label on our speedo. Was walking away from a slightly modified Z28 SS on highway 99 straight before the 91 exit quite a few years back. Surprisingly, I think it was on a Sunday afternoon and there was nobody on the highway at all.

This was with an overachieving 91 AWD with a 14b, 16psi, and K&N only.

Of course it wasn't me doing it as that would be *ahem* irresponsible.
 ain't boostin' till smurfs start pissin' -- Powered by Smurf Piss

Offline John Hartman

Stealth vs Talon
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2003, 04:39:47 pm »
you were pulling away from a slightly modded SS with only 4 more psi and a K&N??  Holy crap!!  those things are badass on the hiway.  Maybe he did not take it outta 6th?
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2003, 03:40:05 pm »
I found a 91 R/T Twin Turbo, 5sp, AWD Stealth for sale........... Im contemplating buying it........ What do u guys think??? I know it will not compete with the talon, but they are hella fast on the highway, and look pretty sharp....... Also, the guy that owned it did some mods, and also owns a Viper.  Said the Stealth is pretty comparable to the Viper.  Asking 11,900 for it......... Think i should go for it, and what turbos can u put on instead of the 9b's or whatever they are??

Offline Jay Drew

• http://members.shaw.ca/blackdsm/
Stealth vs Talon
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2003, 03:54:47 pm »
i'd stick with the talon personally.. too many horror stories about the 3S's glass trannys
3.45 @ 101.8mph

Offline wally siu

Re: .
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2003, 03:58:30 pm »
Quote from: "William Frederickson"
I found a 91 R/T Twin Turbo, 5sp, AWD Stealth for sale........... Im contemplating buying it........ What do u guys think??? I know it will not compete with the talon, but they are hella fast on the highway, and look pretty sharp....... Also, the guy that owned it did some mods, and also owns a Viper.  Said the Stealth is pretty comparable to the Viper.  Asking 11,900 for it......... Think i should go for it, and what turbos can u put on instead of the 9b's or whatever they are??

I have never heard of a stealth/3kgt even come close to a viper on the roll. Even bpu++ tt supras have problems pulling on vipers. Steath/3kgts arent known as highway monsters, too much drivetrain loss just like dsms.

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2003, 04:39:51 pm »
Im not selling the talon, my bro wants it, so if i do go for a stealth im not gonna heavily mod it..... i just want around 400hp or so....... i thought they were pretty good for highway pulling, but i have never been in one..... when i go to testdrive this one i will fill you guys in.  It has also had the engine rebuilt, so that is a bonus, and its an american car 110 miles.  also spedo goes up to 180mph.... i wanna see what she can do  :wink:

Offline Jay Drew

• http://members.shaw.ca/blackdsm/
Stealth vs Talon
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2003, 04:50:42 pm »
theyre still pretty good for high-speed highway runs, but wont be able to run with TT supras or 300zx's of equal power because of the higher drivetrain loss from the AWD, and i think theyre a bit heavier too
3.45 @ 101.8mph

Offline John Hartman

Stealth vs Talon
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2003, 09:50:56 pm »
nice cars, more exotic, more luxo cruiser than sports car tho for my tastes.

But the biggest thing is I'd never want to have to work under that hood!  Talk about tight.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Kimyee Lai

Stealth vs Talon
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2003, 12:53:41 pm »
Getting to the rear bank of spark plugs involves taking the intake manifold off...get ready for expensive plug changes!

Tom Gilmore

Stealth vs Talon
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2003, 10:53:18 am »
There were some funny things said in this thread!  Roger, I was at the BOI two years ago but don't remember the finals... must've left too early?!  :oops:

It's a rare Stealth that pulls mid-13's around these parts STOCK, but some of the local guys have hit that mark.  8)

Anyways, the 3Si community is just as strong as ours and they have *plenty* of tech info available.  Have a look at this site for example -
http://www.stealth316.com/1-tech.htm   :shock:

BTW, changing the spark plugs wasn't that bad, it only took me and a  buddy about 8 hours the first time, ha ha ha!  :roll: :P