Author Topic: Tyeeimports.com  (Read 4995 times)

Offline Trevor Germuth

Tyeeimports.com
« on: August 10, 2007, 08:37:35 pm »
Not sure if this is the place for it but w/e.

Grant Gates (owner/runner of said business) seems like quite a nice guy.  His prices on most vehicles are very reasonable, some much cheaper than others.  When I dealt with him he was not 100% honest by any means.  

Example - I asked him if any of the targa top seals appeared to leak on the targa, if the tools where there for it and if there was condensation inside the vehicle in the morning.  Was told it was good.  Well, guess what.  Seals leaked, Tools where definitely not present and with the seals leaking....condensation.

Example 2- Asked if it was in good running order, not throwing and codes or weird lights/electrical issues.  Was told it was.  Got there and it was constantly throwing a CEL.  It turned out to be this

Definitely a worst case scenario probably, but it got me back home than started running funny/not starting etc etc.  Something happened to them wires.

Example 3 - Asked for information about the cd player.  Was told it works etc but wont pick up our FM stations, oh well.  Got down there and found that the deck had no wiring harness to hook it up to the car.  Sure it was installed right, but NO WIRING...so that sucked.

He is a decent polite guy though, I didn't mind dealing with him personally.  I just wish he was a little more honest so when people fly down to look at a car they aren't that disappointed.  Also he didn't even know this particular car I was looking had a targa top, he told me none of his did but looking at the pictures I was convinced it did.  He took a few days and got back to me saying it did.

Did I end up buying the car - Yes.  Only because I knew I could fix most of the problems and I had already flew down to the island.  That and it was the car Ive been after for four years.

Moral of the story?  Take what he says with a grain of salt.  Do not trust his word to be the full truth and nothing but.

Also I think the place that he gets inspections done doesn't exactly check everything.  Like when I got back from my trip both lower balljoints I found were toast, and they didn't go bad on the drive up.

But after taking his prices into consideration with the competition, I would buy from him again, but be more thorough checking out the car.

Trevor
2 Talon Tsi- AWD, 6/4 bolt

92 Talon Tsi Fwd  - Kn Filter, RMT Fmic, Performace Auto 3" Exhaust, HKS SSQV, Maft+3.5" maf, Greddy Profec B Spec II, 02 dump   -Sold

91 JZA70 Targa Toyota Supra -3" Trust cat back, HKS BOV, 1JZ-GTE

1992 Ford F-150 - I6, 4x4, 5 spd, Canopy

Offline Andrew M Husband

Re: Tyeeimports.com
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:53:12 pm »
bump. anyone else dealt with this company before? Ive been looking into getting a summer car either a supra or skyline and keeping the talon for the winter wonderland of PG

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 09:40:53 pm »
DO NOT buy from tyee. If your looking for an import, google how to read the auction sheets , then go look at tyee imports site ALOT of the stuff they import are rebuilds. I know how to read the action sheets and i look at tyee every now and then because alot of their stuff is cheaper then say RHDjapan or terra2 imports and that is why. they import junk and try to sell it off as good.

pay the extra money and get one from somewhere that doesnt import junk, iv seen 2 or 3 tyee cars in person and they are just gross. maybe they bring in a nice car every now and then but most of it is junk.

If you want a skyline check out GTRcanada.com , forums there are plenty of skylines forsale that are in decent shape... as long as u dont mind traveling for the right car there are a few nice ones in canada forsale.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 09:42:51 pm by Shane Sawatzki »
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold

Offline Zach Holt

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 10:11:12 pm »
They speah highly but they sell bullshit.

450 awhp was 270 for one friend.

112tho km was well over 200tho miles in less they got the car from where that have no roads.

I tryed to buy two cars from them before I was told other wise. I said I'd the the two for 13000 they said 16000 firm. I looked at one laughed and found both Seprit for cheeper with no deal and looking and running better they role back and bullshit. Hell one car they said gt35 and I looked and unless they make
mini 35rs tht look like 30rs I call bullshit.

Don't deal with the with and import and their locals are over priced.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi
Then google.
Then read old postings about it.
Then ask.

Offline GlenMartin

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 09:42:12 am »
They speah highly but they sell bullshit.

450 awhp was 270 for one friend.

hahaha this happend in kamloops awhile back. a white rx7 was bought from them claiming 750 whp. car looked tight, had a couple things done to it thats for sure, but if it had more than 350 whp i would have been suprised.
ahah we both have a good side. lets sue each other!

Offline Andrew M Husband

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 06:48:24 pm »
Thanks guys :). ive only ever heard 1 good thing from this company, a guy in PG has a skyline that i believe he purchased from tyee.

Offline John Hartman

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 07:33:45 am »
good to know.  I have often looked at thier adds too.
91 Eagle Talon TSi 5spd awd.  GT-12, TriFlow Cams, 850s, Tial, JIC, Jackal, sticky rubber.
86 Merkur XR4Ti 5spd, rwd, turbo, 91,381km.  Original paint, heated leather. intercooled, big VAM, Full 3" exhaust, Cossie sway bar, 16" tires.
06 Mazdaspeed6 6spd awd, DISI turbo, heated leather HIDs, Corksport, Cobb, Konig, Centric...
2018 VW Golf Alltrack turbo Tornado Red, 6mt, some free mods

Offline Shane Sawatzki

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 09:53:33 am »
http://www.j-cars.com/auction_sheet.php

goto tyeeimports.com and start looking at some of there stuff and look at the auction sheet pictures and compare with the meanings on that page i just posted. its kind of disgusting honestly lol
2011 Range Rover Sport SC - wife’s daily
1995 Range Rover Classic - restoration project
1990 Mitsubishi Delica - my daily
92 Skyline GTR - weekend warrior
93 Skyline GTR - wife’s weekend warrior
91 Skyline GTS-4 - Sold
91 Tsi AWD - Sold